JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 06-14-2017 06:38 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
usercMtjkP9pLC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No I have the same problem on new note 10+.

In my case I have 2 router, when I turn off the wifi on first router and turn it on on the second , my note 10 stay connected to the wifi of the first router with esclamation mark indicating "connected without internet" (even if the wifi signal is gone) and not switch automatically on the second wifi router. I need to turn off wifi and on to the phone to refresh the new situation (i.e. the first wifi is gone and the new is on the second router).

Thanks

0 Likes
aryamanbansal01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem

0 Likes
usermSU2QCKJQD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here in the Netherlands with internation s8 plus.

0 Likes
sbonev
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

exact same issue since day one....especially on my home wifi for some reason!

useruza6cL9biL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Any new updates on this issue??

0 Likes
userb3NBRHOGy0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Any fix for thijs problem yet?  I just bought s8 and s8+ on t mobile, great phone, but this Wi-Fi issue is starting to annoyance. 

0 Likes
Hotsauce210
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same issue, "internet may not be available" anytime I try to connect to wifi. Returning my phone tomorrow in hopes that a new phone will resolve the issue. If not I'll likely switch phones, this is unacceptable, as is Samsung's non response. 

0 Likes
BGinCHI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Netgear Orbi setup as well, and have had all of the above issues - thankfully, connecting the S8 to the guest Network after opening it up to full access as described in the threads above did the trick! No issues at all 24 hours later.

0 Likes
userGHGrh5AVjv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue as everyone else, S8+, Verizon, Orbi with 1 satellite. I've tried guest network before, I'll ll try it again. 

0 Likes
userGHGrh5AVjv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No Bueno. Guest network works better but I've gotten internet may not be available at least 5 times the last 24 hours. It's better than every 5 minutes but still a huge pain in the ass. Come on Samsung, lets get it together already. This is supposed to be a flagship device
0 Likes