cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Galaxy S10 + and using it with my Orbi setup at home.

I am having the same problem with wifi connection drop.  I also get an exclamation sign next to the wifi on the status bar.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been battling with wifi dropouts for the past couple of weeks. I've been researching all night and trying all but a reset to no avail. After watching numerous speedtest tests fail in seconds, i realized i had an issue that wasn't router related. 

Your swiftkey fix has at least temporarily worked for me. I, too, have used swiftkey for years over three Galaxy models and it's been great, but definitely appears to be conflicting with something right now. I don't like that this could be the solution to my problem, but at least it's a solution. Thanks for sharing. I'll be sure to follow up with my experience. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with a Galaxy S9. From time to time I get the "!" and most of the times I have to deactivate and reactivate the wifi to solve it. I haven't seen this issue to appear while connected to the 2.4 GHz network, only to the 5 GHz one.

This is getting really frustrating.

I even ended up changing the router the ISP gave me, but seems like the problem persist.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check with your provider to make sure it isn't your wifi that's problematic

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with samsung s8

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruzFdP82xn1 What troubleshooting steps have you tried in regards to your issue?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this issue before alot

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung needs to get this sorted out now. I've been having this happen the last couple of months and I have been vigilant to make sure nothing was being downloaded while not connected to wifi. I believe the last Jan 20th update happened while wifi was disconnected and so now I am over my data limit. So where do I send the bill Samsung?

I've tried all the various fixes recommended in this thread and frankly, I've had enough. This is Samsung's issue and they need to get it taken care of rather than having their users jump through ridiculous hoops. Supposedly there has been an update for this issue released in various Asian markets......so maybe put in a little overtime and get it out to the rest of us. I'm tired of this S8 costing me money because Samsung can't get their act together.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having this issue with my Samsung Note 9. This started when I was on Android 8 Oreo and persists even on Android 10. I have tried allocating a fixed IP to my Note 9 and this still doesn't fix the issue of always having the exclamation mark eventually when connected. Any other ideas? This device is the only one that has problems. My old phone and all my family's devices work just fine.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my Galaxy A71 after software update !

is there any solution ?!