JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 09-28-2017 09:13 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
userppNeZRWbWr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here with an S8 purchased 2 days ago in Canada on Bell Canada network.

In home with 2 APs and 2 SSIDs (1 SSID on both 2.4 and 5G, 1 on 5G only).  Both SSIDs on device, but regardless of which SSID, has many dropoffs daily with "!" even when sitting still and just browsing.

This is in a home with a Galaxy S5, S6, S7, 1 iPhone 7, and 5 different iPADs.....    the ONLY device losing connectivity is the S8.

This is ABSOLUTELY a Samsung Galaxy S8 issue that Samsung is ignoring or unable to fix.

Time for them to come clean and let customers know or fix it.    My service provider abandons the device issue after a few minutes of device use, so no answer there.  

This is a $1000+ electronic device that cant stay on wifi, for jeepers sake!!!!!!   I know it is a complicated device, but wifi is not "optional" for people!!!!

0 Likes
userfiHrPSInNW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
calm down,try to do the one that i did,read it below
0 Likes
userKVM9EOil11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having this same issue.  Seems like it hasn't been resolved for over 5 months.  Very disappointing.

0 Likes
bikepoet
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

duplicate post - ignore

0 Likes
bikepoet
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ever since getting two Samsung Galaxy S8's from T-Mobile, both phones can't connect to my AT&T Uverse Wi-Fi at the same time succesfully. And when both attempt to use Wi-Fi, it kills other wired and wireless connectivity (Fire TV and home computer). I called AT&T and they replaced the modem/router and it tests fine without the S8's connected. I tried settings on the modem and no luck.

0 Likes
userusV6eA2EsR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue as well on my galaxy S7 with the  same notification in the Wi-Fi setting. And it's only for that device. All other electronics connected to Google Wi-Fi are not affected such as Apple TV, Roku, and Laptop 

0 Likes
VivekPatel999
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the sa m e issues with my wifi I can't connect to the wifi it says "connection may not be availabe" is there anything I can do to fix this?
0 Likes
userqM9yE3se8k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also have the same issue after mths of using it. 

Model no. SM G950U1 

base version G950U1UEU1AQH3 

I hope you can help solve the prob. 

0 Likes
ronkat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

None of the suggested solutions did not solve the loss of internet connection in the long run.

Decided to check open ports and got this.

Can someone explain more then 2000 listeninig ports for Samsung DQA and rising?

0 Likes
StephenWagner7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exact same issues (with exact same symptoms and exact usage) is happening to me.

Notice it occurs more with 5Ghz bands, than 2.4Ghz bands...

Also, yesteday, listening to music with bluetooth speaker, I noticed the Bluetooth had a split second disconnections, which made me have to turn off/on bluetooth as well.

I've seen other posts about this issues, but no fix.

0 Likes