Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Catiger
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I met exactly the same problem a few days ago. But I have FIXED it completely.
Symptom: The wifi just disconnects and then reconnects at a frequency of every few minutes. When it disconnects, a small escalation mark appears on the right down corner of the wifi sign.
Solution: I found that the IP address assigned by my router is always 192.168.0.100, which is in conflict with my PC. In the past, if two devices share the same IP, the second device would just be assigned to another IP. But somehow this doesn't work. So i went to the router setting page and bind my S8+ with another fixed IP address. And this solved the problem permanently.

View solution in original post

Lavidaloka
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All!

First time I bought a slightly used very pleased S8 +. Unfortunately the wifi errors occurred so quickly  i sold it. I was hoping that it was just a mistake and bought a new S8. Even though it appeared the same wifi problems. Than im go to Samsung warranty center where the wifi indicated my problem. The service personnel informed me that this is not a common problem... but replacing the motherboard. By this time I suspected that many blame S8 wifi. Having replaced the motherboard but no positive change has occurred. The wifi errors remain. After  sold this industrial waste S8 cell phone ..and I got back to S7 edge . Since then there is no problem with wifi...Greetings from Hungary(EU)

userMmAzyY6cQ5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this issue for weeks and think I have finally found a workaround (which is far from ideal). Disconnected the Gear S3 that was connected to the phone, which was about the only thing I hadn't tried as I didnt really think it would make much of a difference and now Ive gone around 4 hours with no disconnections, so looks like its working. But now im stuck with an S3 which cant be used. Been with iPhone for about 7 years, had an S8 for 2 months, will soon be returning to iPhone. 

usermYGNVIQxi9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bro i was the same issued .. but here i have solution for it.. when getting issue just goto setting time and date and just change the time around 2 or 3 hours up or down. Then enjoy internet fine.. if any problem occurred there is my whtsapp numb 

userxYfOLOCxmJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not working at all for me. I'm behing 2 routers (Home + University) with no access to the main one. Tried every possible soolution I could find. I even tried changing my router with no luck. Everything was working fine before last update. Galaxy 8+. Current software version: G955FXXU1AQJ5/G955FOXM1AQJ5/G955FXXU1AQJ5

Not cool Samsung, Not cool at all!! 

userxYfOLOCxmJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not cool Samsung, Not cool at all!! 

userpnRxcUPsaX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you achive binding with fixed ip.

Please explain because me too facing exactly same issue from long time and samsung does not reply to queries 

Thanks

userLic9izqrIZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same ! With WiFi at work. 

There is no access to the router like at home.

userVmJ9CIS2nt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How should i do say the procedure how to do it 

userrkDBEFWgD8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this procedure to fix the issue on network connection:

Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings (Please note that this will reset Wi-Fi, Cellular data and Bluetooth settings which means you will have to input your Wi-Fi credentials again.

Make sure you turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
Press the Volume down key several times in order to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”
Press the Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
After the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.
Then
1. Press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge of the device).
Device with emphasis on Volume down button and Power
2. Tap Restart.
3. Tap Restart again to confirm.
***Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.