Am so angry at Samsung for this programming code, is costing me money.
The 3 of us use less than 1 gig a month.....With new $975 S8+ phones (surrounded by wifi) we used 4 gig in a week.
every hour or so, i check my wifi connection, and it shows wifi on, but not connected. I have to hit connect, and it connects and is fine for about an hour. The ONLY solution I have found is to turn Mobile Data = OFF.
I am a 30+ years in IT. Not sure how many millions of dollars will be spent on mobile data by the "customers" before this ever gets fixed....
I met exactly the same problem a few days ago. But I have FIXED it completely.
Symptom: The wifi just disconnects and then reconnects at a frequency of every few minutes. When it disconnects, a small escalation mark appears on the right down corner of the wifi sign.
Solution: I found that the IP address assigned by my router is always 192.168.0.100, which is in conflict with my PC. In the past, if two devices share the same IP, the second device would just be assigned to another IP. But somehow this doesn't work. So i went to the router setting page and bind my S8+ with another fixed IP address. And this solved the problem permanently.
First time I bought a slightly used very pleased S8 +. Unfortunately the wifi errors occurred so quickly i sold it. I was hoping that it was just a mistake and bought a new S8. Even though it appeared the same wifi problems. Than im go to Samsung warranty center where the wifi indicated my problem. The service personnel informed me that this is not a common problem... but replacing the motherboard. By this time I suspected that many blame S8 wifi. Having replaced the motherboard but no positive change has occurred. The wifi errors remain. After sold this industrial waste S8 cell phone ..and I got back to S7 edge . Since then there is no problem with wifi...Greetings from Hungary(EU)
I have had this issue for weeks and think I have finally found a workaround (which is far from ideal). Disconnected the Gear S3 that was connected to the phone, which was about the only thing I hadn't tried as I didnt really think it would make much of a difference and now Ive gone around 4 hours with no disconnections, so looks like its working. But now im stuck with an S3 which cant be used. Been with iPhone for about 7 years, had an S8 for 2 months, will soon be returning to iPhone.
Bro i was the same issued .. but here i have solution for it.. when getting issue just goto setting time and date and just change the time around 2 or 3 hours up or down. Then enjoy internet fine.. if any problem occurred there is my whtsapp numb
This is not working at all for me. I'm behing 2 routers (Home + University) with no access to the main one. Tried every possible soolution I could find. I even tried changing my router with no luck. Everything was working fine before last update. Galaxy 8+. Current software version: G955FXXU1AQJ5/G955FOXM1AQJ5/G955FXXU1AQJ5
Not cool Samsung, Not cool at all!!