JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 12-25-2017 08:44 PM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
userX2zRfWSLlL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
12.13.2017.....this has been happening to my galaxy 6s now for two weeks and no available fixes.
0 Likes
userv3K4xzrgFA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have same issue, this is my 3rd phone in a month. NOTHING fixes the constant wifi disconnection issue except to go back to Motorola. Samsung products are crap!
userWf9Ph6tol2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What was the solution I am experiencing the same problem. 

0 Likes
userxW8cbZW6rG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem.  I went ahead a set a static IP address on the phone and the issue continues work me.  I no longer get the exclamation mark but all of a sudden the one internet would stop now and I would see both an lte and wifi connection above.  I've never seen both settings before.  Smart wifi was turned off but to be safe I toggled it on and off.  I hope Samsung fixes this soon.  I don't want to lose the s8 as my goto phone. 

0 Likes
userfhgOv1fMBA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same exact problem. Got my Verizon S8+ from Samsung two months ago. Every now and then during the day, an exclamation mark appears next to my wifi with no internet connection, and flipping wifi off and on fixes it. My LG G4 and G5 did not have that issue at all. Also happens to be on a 5ghz network. 

0 Likes
usernDOtuPaAQA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exact same situation happening to my Samsung S8 plus and I’m from Australia. Taking the phone back for a replacement tomorrow. Happens on both 2.4 and 5 wifi bands. Reset the modem, factory reset the phone. Have had my Samsung tablet running 5ghz all day without a single drop in connection. Noticed that when my phone is connected to wifi and I’m running Netflix on my TV it will buffer like crazy. Switch the phone off wifi and instant connection/streaming. Samsung said it’s a fault in the phone after trying to sync to store wifi. Instant error. Hopefully it’s just a bad phone and the replacement will fix.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same problem as everyone in here. I called Samsung and they want me to take this to Best Buy. My older Samsung S6 is not having the same problem nor my daughter's IPhones. Has anyone found a fix?
0 Likes
userY4rn5JlmKy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is happening to me as well. I have an Asus router. Both 2.4 and 5G have the same SSID so I can't say if it happens more on one band than the other. My phone is the T-Mobile variant with the latest updates applied (though I no longer actually have service with T-Mobile).
0 Likes
usergOWOn2yq9u
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We're having the same issue. Recently bought 3 S8s for the family. Two of them are working just fine but one keeps having this issue daily. Sometimes things like restarting the router works, other times it doesn't.  We've tried a most of the methods mentioned in this thread as well but we have yet to have a permanent fix. 

The phone doesn't seem to have issues connecting to other networks, just the home one so I do if it's worth contacting our internet provider or not. 

0 Likes
usergDOe7f5YaD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Turn off Enhanced LTE and "BAM" all fixed

0 Likes