JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 12-28-2017 05:54 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
userr9ONCI9xaj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
same problem here. my wife and I have S8's and we both have the same issue. really annoying.
0 Likes
johncasey37
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Am so angry at Samsung for this programming code, is costing me money.

The 3 of us use less than 1 gig a month.....With new $975 S8+ phones (surrounded by wifi) we used 4 gig in a week.

every hour or so, i check my wifi connection, and it shows wifi on, but not connected. I have to hit connect, and it connects and is fine for about an hour. The ONLY solution I have found is to turn Mobile Data = OFF.

I am a 30+ years in IT. Not sure how many millions of dollars will be spent on mobile data by the "customers" before this ever gets fixed....

0 Likes
Solution
Catiger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I met exactly the same problem a few days ago. But I have FIXED it completely.
Symptom: The wifi just disconnects and then reconnects at a frequency of every few minutes. When it disconnects, a small escalation mark appears on the right down corner of the wifi sign.
Solution: I found that the IP address assigned by my router is always 192.168.0.100, which is in conflict with my PC. In the past, if two devices share the same IP, the second device would just be assigned to another IP. But somehow this doesn't work. So i went to the router setting page and bind my S8+ with another fixed IP address. And this solved the problem permanently.

Lavidaloka
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi All!

First time I bought a slightly used very pleased S8 +. Unfortunately the wifi errors occurred so quickly  i sold it. I was hoping that it was just a mistake and bought a new S8. Even though it appeared the same wifi problems. Than im go to Samsung warranty center where the wifi indicated my problem. The service personnel informed me that this is not a common problem... but replacing the motherboard. By this time I suspected that many blame S8 wifi. Having replaced the motherboard but no positive change has occurred. The wifi errors remain. After  sold this industrial waste S8 cell phone ..and I got back to S7 edge . Since then there is no problem with wifi...Greetings from Hungary(EU)

0 Likes
userMmAzyY6cQ5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have had this issue for weeks and think I have finally found a workaround (which is far from ideal). Disconnected the Gear S3 that was connected to the phone, which was about the only thing I hadn't tried as I didnt really think it would make much of a difference and now Ive gone around 4 hours with no disconnections, so looks like its working. But now im stuck with an S3 which cant be used. Been with iPhone for about 7 years, had an S8 for 2 months, will soon be returning to iPhone. 

0 Likes
usermYGNVIQxi9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bro i was the same issued .. but here i have solution for it.. when getting issue just goto setting time and date and just change the time around 2 or 3 hours up or down. Then enjoy internet fine.. if any problem occurred there is my whtsapp numb 

0 Likes
userxYfOLOCxmJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is not working at all for me. I'm behing 2 routers (Home + University) with no access to the main one. Tried every possible soolution I could find. I even tried changing my router with no luck. Everything was working fine before last update. Galaxy 8+. Current software version: G955FXXU1AQJ5/G955FOXM1AQJ5/G955FXXU1AQJ5

Not cool Samsung, Not cool at all!! 

userxYfOLOCxmJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not cool Samsung, Not cool at all!! 

0 Likes
userpnRxcUPsaX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How did you achive binding with fixed ip.

Please explain because me too facing exactly same issue from long time and samsung does not reply to queries 

Thanks

0 Likes
userLic9izqrIZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have same ! With WiFi at work. 

There is no access to the router like at home.

0 Likes