JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 05-10-2018 10:34 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
HJR2000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userxZHtw8ZX8xwrote:

I got my phone early this month and got this issue. Tried everything and found this thread. I called today my operator who have awesome customer service (Im from Finland). Customer service contacted Samsung and they said there that Samsung is aware of this problem and they will fix it next update.  Problem is that they dont know when this update is coming...

Great - thanks for letting us all know about this. 

I think this has been sitting in Samsung's to-do list for a long time. Bad show Samsung!

0 Likes
Eric Leong
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am  user from Singapore. Well WEll ! after the Great OREO update , my s8+ WiFi have been unstable till now. I have to keep turn on and off WiFi just to use the freaking WiFi in my house! this is so frustrating. 

FYI, my phone works just fine when it was in nougat.

0 Likes
Eric Leong
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not sure whether it is a fix but so far the issue doesn't appear back in 1 day. I go to the "settings" then "device Management" then "device Security". I agreed to the terms and condition then i go for a scan. So far the WiFi Issue doesn't come back yet after the scan. You guys might wanna try out.

0 Likes
Eric Leong
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Opps appear that the issue came back again. I believe somehow related to phone and router. I having almost 1days without any exclamation mark when i connected to my friends wifi. 

Now i came back again, i have to on and off my wifi in order to use. While my other device works perfectly fine. 

0 Likes
usertX50cziZEB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdybJR7694I

It has worked for me so you can try it

0 Likes
ronkat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We are waiting too long for a solution.

Samsung?

This marked solution is Not solving the problem.

Exclamation mark and no internet.

0 Likes
userJSYb661T1f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is there a new ticket for this problem? I mean this is beyond belief how come wi-fi does not work on s8 and s9...I've had both phones. It is 100% guaranteed to be related to oreo/samsung experience update.

This is not resolved like someone already said. Samsung! Work it out! My next phone will not be Samsung X if this won't get resolved.

0 Likes
userOIE6Sh2Lbb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I bought a new s8+ a week ago and indeed this is a very serious problem and is not solved

i have tried everything lined out in this thread including
factory reset
cache wipe
static ip

S8+ drops wifi often and just displays an exclamation mark on the wifi icon
My other devices and phones work just fine on the very same network.
0 Likes
userXRCb54Bfg2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm am switching back to an Iphone. Samsung is just ignoring this issue.
0 Likes
ChrisWhite85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I fixed it on mine by Uninstalling the SideSync App. At least it seems stable for now.

I have had this issue for months and I actually first noticed it when SideSync couldnt use a full strength 5Ghz Wi-Fi connection at home to do file sharing.

I have all my Advanced WiFi settings off & sleep mode set to Always On. Latest OS Update.

0 Likes