cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYd8vtk7XKl
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  But I think it primarily happens because the Samsung looses connection to the router at medium distances from the router (when other phones are still in range). I have another phone (Nexus 6P) which has Ok or weak WiFi connection but it keeps the connection on, instead of dropping it. But for some reason, once the Samsung S8 looses the connection, it does not recover from that state (even even moving the phone back close to the router). 

userie8Pr27jR3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try the static IP address, go to your wifi connections, hold your finger on the connected wifi, it gives you option for manage network setting, then choose advanced option, and put your ip type on static, then use a new ip address (for example, if it's 192.168.1.3 change it to 192.168.1.100, just make sure that ip is empty in your router) and your gateway is your router address, first dns your router ip address, secon one 8.8.8.8 (google dns) and save it, turn your wifi off and on, it should get connected way more faster also, let's see Robot tongue

user0ijBZrAP7I
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THIS HELPED ME A LOT! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Smiley Happy from Philippines Smiley Happy

userCzwDYGlaAY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for sharing  this - it just helped me. Long may it last!

Highlighted
userpGdZ2kpkqx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try changing your Wifi security from WPA2 AES to TKIP. I did this an do not have the issue anymore. I think they have a bug in the phone software. TKIP is not a secure as AES but at least it works and I do not get the "!" at all anymore.

userJm1p2hWlt9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello

Thanks, but that's no a solution, how I can change the wifi when I'm on the way? ?? I'm on the way all week for work and need to connect me on wifi  it's not possible to change the security settings!Samsung has to fix this f.. phone, I spend 900€for it, it have to work! 

userJm1p2hWlt9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why Samsung write the problem is solved? !!! Is not !!! We just have to stay home!!!?? Know I'm just stay in the train in another country, not 4g, just free wifi in the train, every body can connect, just S8 not !!

ronkat
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe  the moderator was too hasty to adopt a "solution" that does NOT solve anything?

Cleaning the desk to the bin?

This is a serious issue, found on a flagship level device,  being ignored here.

userslPiCT8hwg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, thanks your your suggestion but I didn't find anything like TKIP security type in my router settings, moreover on some research, this security type was in older routers, but not present in new routers.

Only solution that worked is: When I connects to 2.4G bandwidth, the connection remains more stable than that of on 5G bandwidth.

Still waiting a proper fix for this issue!

Thanks

userJphoJL5JS2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for the s9 thanks bro