JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 05-29-2018 01:53 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
userJm1p2hWlt9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello

Thanks, but that's no a solution, how I can change the wifi when I'm on the way? ?? I'm on the way all week for work and need to connect me on wifi  it's not possible to change the security settings!Samsung has to fix this f.. phone, I spend 900€for it, it have to work! 

0 Likes
userJm1p2hWlt9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why Samsung write the problem is solved? !!! Is not !!! We just have to stay home!!!?? Know I'm just stay in the train in another country, not 4g, just free wifi in the train, every body can connect, just S8 not !!

0 Likes
ronkat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Maybe  the moderator was too hasty to adopt a "solution" that does NOT solve anything?

Cleaning the desk to the bin?

This is a serious issue, found on a flagship level device,  being ignored here.

0 Likes
userslPiCT8hwg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, thanks your your suggestion but I didn't find anything like TKIP security type in my router settings, moreover on some research, this security type was in older routers, but not present in new routers.

Only solution that worked is: When I connects to 2.4G bandwidth, the connection remains more stable than that of on 5G bandwidth.

Still waiting a proper fix for this issue!

Thanks

0 Likes
userJphoJL5JS2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for the s9 thanks bro

0 Likes
userdaeMG9jGN3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I read this I was hopeful it may give some insight to at least better identify the issue. However, as I sit here, 5 feet from my router, the wifi exclamation point appeared and connectivity dropped....it came back about 20 seconds later.

So, the issue persists despite distance. But, at least it reconnected without a reset. Maybe signal strength does play a factor but I don't think this answers the question. 

0 Likes
flyingchipmunk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

my new unlocked s8 is having this problem also. very frustrating. I have an S4 and S6 edge sitting next to me with 0 wifi issues... the S8? can't stay connected grr.

2.4 & 5ghz bands both.

my only workaround is to enable smart network switch and the phone constantly bounces between my 2.4 & 5ghz stations as one becomes "internet not available"

0 Likes
userQyO1O8Bnpl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here in canada with my S8. At my home and in my office too. Meantime my other devices stay connected. So frustrating, regret to have changed over S7.

0 Likes
userxYfOLOCxmJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not cool Samsung.. Not cool

0 Likes
userDDMuSqELIF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It is so frustrating. I have come to the conclusion that Samsung S8 is a load of garbage. I've finally decided to opt for Apple. 

0 Likes