Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertTMaaewzWq
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I think I've found a way to solve the problem temporarily

In my case, when I switch from 3G/4G connection to Wi-Fi, Samsung Cloud and Samsung Connect services will start. You can check this by going on Developer Option -> Running Services

In order to resolve the problem you need to

- Open settings

- click on Application

- Serch for Samsung Cloud ad Samsung Connect app 

- Click on button Force Stop

I hope that this "solution" will help someone and will help Samsung to resolve the issue 

userQakbFX4IHT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jesus Christ. Can you guys make an app that will valueca look for the wifi access them see if you can pinpoint it that way? We have been dealing with this issue since day 1. I have the Google onhub and everything else on the router working .I even locked the IP address of the device and still is same issue .I'm tired of thet issue and may consider a different brand next phone purchase of this is the customer service I can expect for something that is a software issue from your devices .

User EY61
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem but i think i found a solution.

Type    *#*#526#*#*     in your keypad scroll down to WLAN FIRMWARE DUMP MODE and turn it off than click on WLAN ADVANCED DEBUG and click on DISCONNECTION SYSDUMP and press OK.

When you did this scroll up to DELETE DUMPSTATE and press ok. Then click on exit at the bottom.

When you done all of this type *#2663# in your Keypad and press on REFRESH WIFI VERSION.

Yor phone should automatically reboot and the disconnection problem should be fixed.

I hope it works for you aswell.    Smiley Happy

userJm1p2hWlt9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

*#*#526#*#* not work you write it wrong?

Since the last update, i have troubel with the contact, sometimes he show nothing or so slow, every update make this phone more bad..

userDaveB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I have a Tab S3 wifi Android 8.0.0 Oreo and have the same issue as you S8/9 owners. WiFi stops working, exclamation mark appears and turning wifi off then on seems the only fix. Tried much the same fixes, factory resets etc but still the problem persists.

I've scoured the net and it feels as though I'm the only Tab S3 owner with the problem so sorry to intrude into your forum. 

For Samsungwhoever

Model SM-T820

Build R16NW.T820XXU1BRE2 (no baseband number)

Carrier n/a

Something that seems to have improved the problem is crippling the Smart Things  app as much as possible. (Can't disable built in apps (bloat) unfortunately)  But the app always seems to re-enable itself after a while so can't be sure. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is your date and time as well as time zone set to manual or automatic? 

userDaveB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Automatic date and time for my tabS3. I can't find an automatic time zone option. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDaveB

Is it just your home WiFi or any public WiFi as well?

userkQEfE187SC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mines does it at home and at work. Tried everything. Didn't fix it. Samsung needs to seriously fix this issue, Cause it's only the 12th and I'm already way past my data usage because it won't stay connected to the wifi. Not having this problem with any other devices. 

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using same SSID for my home wifi. Every time I return to home my galaxy s8+ only connects to 2 4 ghz not 5 ghz. The 5 ghz is working because my TiVo is connected wirelessly with 5 ghz. Is there any fix for this? Also I did have separate SSID'S and the phone would give me the Exclamation point for not connected. Is this a problem with galaxy s8 phones?