JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 08-07-2018 06:30 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried a hard reset on the device? I would recommend saving all your important information before you do so. If that doesn't work we can have you send in the device for service. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
HJR2000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good grief Sebas, don't you think we haven't tried that?

For the 1000th time, this is a Samsung software defect. We don't need to send our phones in 'for a service'!!

WE NEED YOU TO MAKE THE EFFORT TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT!!!!

0 Likes
usertTMaaewzWq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi guys,

I think I've found a way to solve the problem temporarily

In my case, when I switch from 3G/4G connection to Wi-Fi, Samsung Cloud and Samsung Connect services will start. You can check this by going on Developer Option -> Running Services

In order to resolve the problem you need to

- Open settings

- click on Application

- Serch for Samsung Cloud ad Samsung Connect app 

- Click on button Force Stop

I hope that this "solution" will help someone and will help Samsung to resolve the issue 

0 Likes
userQakbFX4IHT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Jesus Christ. Can you guys make an app that will valueca look for the wifi access them see if you can pinpoint it that way? We have been dealing with this issue since day 1. I have the Google onhub and everything else on the router working .I even locked the IP address of the device and still is same issue .I'm tired of thet issue and may consider a different brand next phone purchase of this is the customer service I can expect for something that is a software issue from your devices .

0 Likes
User EY61
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same problem but i think i found a solution.

Type    *#*#526#*#*     in your keypad scroll down to WLAN FIRMWARE DUMP MODE and turn it off than click on WLAN ADVANCED DEBUG and click on DISCONNECTION SYSDUMP and press OK.

When you did this scroll up to DELETE DUMPSTATE and press ok. Then click on exit at the bottom.

When you done all of this type *#2663# in your Keypad and press on REFRESH WIFI VERSION.

Yor phone should automatically reboot and the disconnection problem should be fixed.

I hope it works for you aswell.    🙂

0 Likes
userJm1p2hWlt9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

*#*#526#*#* not work you write it wrong?

Since the last update, i have troubel with the contact, sometimes he show nothing or so slow, every update make this phone more bad..

0 Likes
userDaveB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi

I have a Tab S3 wifi Android 8.0.0 Oreo and have the same issue as you S8/9 owners. WiFi stops working, exclamation mark appears and turning wifi off then on seems the only fix. Tried much the same fixes, factory resets etc but still the problem persists.

I've scoured the net and it feels as though I'm the only Tab S3 owner with the problem so sorry to intrude into your forum. 

For Samsungwhoever

Model SM-T820

Build R16NW.T820XXU1BRE2 (no baseband number)

Carrier n/a

Something that seems to have improved the problem is crippling the Smart Things  app as much as possible. (Can't disable built in apps (bloat) unfortunately)  But the app always seems to re-enable itself after a while so can't be sure. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is your date and time as well as time zone set to manual or automatic? 

0 Likes
userDaveB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Automatic date and time for my tabS3. I can't find an automatic time zone option. 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userDaveB

Is it just your home WiFi or any public WiFi as well?

0 Likes