cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mines does it at home and at work. Tried everything. Didn't fix it. Samsung needs to seriously fix this issue, Cause it's only the 12th and I'm already way past my data usage because it won't stay connected to the wifi. Not having this problem with any other devices. 

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using same SSID for my home wifi. Every time I return to home my galaxy s8+ only connects to 2 4 ghz not 5 ghz. The 5 ghz is working because my TiVo is connected wirelessly with 5 ghz. Is there any fix for this? Also I did have separate SSID'S and the phone would give me the Exclamation point for not connected. Is this a problem with galaxy s8 phones?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@timstack Have you tried the "Forget Network" option for the 2ghz network? 

Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I'm using the same SSID for both 2.4 & 5 so when I do "Forget" it wipes out for both I believe. So I only have 1 SSID Name set up for my router. When I did have separate SSID and only use 5 ghz I would sometimes get an Exclamation point saying my WIFI was not available.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@timstack Since you sometimes received that "Wi-Fi not available" message, it could be that your phone is just connecting to the 2ghz whenever the 5 drops or is out of range at all. You can switch it back to the 5ghz network from the Quick Settings menu at the top of the screen. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And they're still issuing phones with the problem -Samsung A8 2018  has the same issue. Is anybody looking at a class action against Samsung over this problem? 

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I did the service menu  clear cache thing and it worked for few days but today when I came home phone automatically connected to 2.4ghz. I guess there is no fix?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hade the same issu. My solution was to enter the router loggin. (Tp link archer c9) hopfully it works on several routers.

Advace settings - network - Advace - 

then klick use following dns adress and enter 8.8.8.8 in primery dns. Then save.

The explanation mark disapeard.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem since second to last update.Wifi will only connect and stay connected when right beside the router.Connection shows full bars .2 s8's in the house both doing the same thing.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this issue occur when using a public wifi?