JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 08-15-2018 10:00 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
Blkparader
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Idk about anyone else, but the only public place i'm in long enough to even test the issue is hotels. But I've not had it occur there... YET. 

Seems to only happen at home & work. Which are completely different types of modems/routers.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Blkparader

Does the issue occur with the device in safe mode?

0 Likes
Blkparader
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungKim1 haven't tried, but I can be in middle of USING wifi (watching youtube or a movie etc) and it'll suddenly crash on me. 

I've even just left it in airplane mode with wifi on to force phone to use wifi only & not even attempt to switch or turn on data & it does it. 

There's no particular timing either. I've had it happen overnights, 4am, 10pm etc... I could be using it, or it's just sitting next to me & i'll pick it up to do something & the wifi crashed on it. And yet anything else on wifi works perfect, so obviously not the signal. 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, give this a try. It can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes.

Device maintenance > App issue report

0 Likes
userA3gQVgFWV8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try *#9900#
userJm1p2hWlt9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This seems to work for me, hope it will hold on!

Type  *#9900#   in your keypad scroll down to WLAN FIRMWARE DUMP MODE and turn it off than click on WLAN ADVANCED DEBUG and click on DISCONNECTION SYSDUMP and press OK.

When you did this scroll up to DELETE DUMPSTATE and press ok. Then click on exit at the bottom.

When you done all of this type *#2663# in your Keypad and press on REFRESH WIFI VERSION.

0 Likes
userD1fnseyVbj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userJm1p2hWlt9 wrote:

This seems to work for me, hope it will hold on!

Type  *#9900#   in your keypad scroll down to WLAN FIRMWARE DUMP MODE and turn it off than click on WLAN ADVANCED DEBUG and click on DISCONNECTION SYSDUMP and press OK.

When you did this scroll up to DELETE DUMPSTATE and press ok. Then click on exit at the bottom.

When you done all of this type *#2663# in your Keypad and press on REFRESH WIFI VERSION.

@userJm1p2hWlt9

Same problem here on Galaxy a6 + version i did your instruction hope will last forever need to see right now after 1 hour no problem still 1 hour. Mine started having the problem right after upgrade from oreo to pie. And every few minute was keeping dropping wireless and disconnecting.. Thank you. I will update within few days if fixed.

EDIT: Already is back the problem is not fixed. Please anyone know how can i go back to oreo from pie? 

Blkparader
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userA3gQVgFWV8 wrote:
Try *#9900#

Where do I enter this & do I use the asterisk too

0 Likes
userJm1p2hWlt9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

you have to do same if you make a phone number for call but instead of a number you write this and push call and then the menu will open

0 Likes
Blkparader
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It just says number cannot be completed as dialed 

0 Likes