JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 01-31-2019 11:07 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
userJm1p2hWlt9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Strange for me i just put*#9900# and then dial touch and the menu open

0 Likes
userflIYwZPjgM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine is having the same problem and according to my wifi provider (Kingston communication) something on these phones is causing an upload of nearly 1 meg which stops you from been able to use the internet because there is no room for download so while I'm connected to my wifi with my s8 nobody else can use the internet either ??

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userflIYwZPjgM

Can I have your full model, baseband version, and carrier information?

0 Likes
userDDMuSqELIF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This happens also with the 2018 Samsung A8. If this has been happening so long why does Samsung continue to issue new phones still with the same problem?
0 Likes
TechnoVixen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

In having the same wifi issues, it's not the router at all. My wife is having the same issue as well and we both have refurbished galaxy s8 phones  My roommate has an iPhone 7 and doesn't have the issue.There is no ip conflict at all. Signal is perfect but all the time we get limited or no connectivity or connection not available  We notice it most with Facebook messenger.

I have tried all but returning our phones for replacement. Never had this issue on my s7 I had. 

0 Likes
userpp9zebRAIY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Logged in just because of this issue.

My Galaxy Note 8 had an update yesterday, since then the Wifi has been unusable. The ! icon next to it every couple of minutes, areas of good signal dropping to zero or 1 bar. Sometimes speedtest would be ok but internet browsing is impossible.

This is happening at work and home, so it's not a router issue. My wife's Huawei is ok.

I've tried the Wifi dump resets as posted here, tried resetting my network settings etc, no change.

The only thing that seems to have had a positive impact, weirdly, is doing a Force Stop on the Samsung Cloud service but I'm sure it will come back.

I can't believe something as fundamental as Wifi is this messed up.

0 Likes
Omidk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You spoke from my tongue buddy  I'm having same exact issue which is so frustrating .. Did you figure out the fix ? 

0 Likes
user6z4JuXE3pV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Omidk wrote:

You spoke from my tongue buddy  I'm having same exact issue which is so frustrating .. Did you figure out the fix ? 

Same issue... Tested all the static Ip, WiFi channel, factory reset and all other bull solutions recommended here and in other forums. None of those solved the problem. Get this togheter SAMSUNG.

Best Regards 

/Fredrik 

0 Likes
usermYGNVIQxi9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Bro i was the same issued .. but here i have solution for it.. when getting issue just goto setting time and date and just change the time around 2 or 3 hours up or down. Then enjoy internet fine.. if any problem occurred there is my whtsapp numb +92 341 940 7576
0 Likes
uservGARiqe4y1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked.  I changed the time couple of times and the Internet started working again.  Weird issue.

0 Likes