JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 05-19-2017 12:39 PM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Catiger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I met exactly the same problem a few days ago. But I have FIXED it completely.
Symptom: The wifi just disconnects and then reconnects at a frequency of every few minutes. When it disconnects, a small escalation mark appears on the right down corner of the wifi sign.
Solution: I found that the IP address assigned by my router is always 192.168.0.100, which is in conflict with my PC. In the past, if two devices share the same IP, the second device would just be assigned to another IP. But somehow this doesn't work. So i went to the router setting page and bind my S8+ with another fixed IP address. And this solved the problem permanently.

View solution in context

477 Replies
SamsungGrant
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @Holybob! Looks like you've been pretty though already. Does this happen only with your Google router? Also, would you mind going to Settings>About Device and posting your model number, Baseband version and carrier? I'm not going to be online for very much longer, but this will help me, or one of the other mods, get a better idea on what steps we need to take when we get back on Monday. Thanks and have a good weekend! 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungGrantI do not know if this happens with other routers as the only time I am connected to Wifi is at home with my google Router.

Baseband version is G950USQU1AQDF and Carrier is Verizon

0 Likes
userv2Jkxn4HEv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
this exact same problem is happing with me too on R6700v2
0 Likes
userQyO1O8Bnpl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Its not a solution, because this problem happens with any router,  at hime, at work ect.. 

Samsung has to accept this probleme and find some update to fix it definitively,  kind of shame on them

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Still having the issue where when I return to my home wifi only connects to 2.4ghz not 5 ghz. Is this a big concern?

0 Likes
userWNrQdMECuc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You should be able to choose the 5ghz connection. All my roku's connect to 2.4 and everything else the 5.0

0 Likes
useruzwTvkHvRo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

is a samsung bug. I have been abel to reproduce it.

this wifi bug come to my phone right after i connected a bluetooth device to my phone , the wifi got very unstable. 

the bluetooth device i connected was a report unit of merchedes. right after I did that, the wifi issue occured.

removed the bluetooth device, and the wifi connection was stable again. 

for me its seems like its some bad driver on the phone, that affects bluetooth and wifi under special conditions.

0 Likes
userWNrQdMECuc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's a Samsung issue, if you noticed, it happened after the Oreo update.

0 Likes
userWNrQdMECuc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I use the top of the line Linksys W1900AC gaming router which is made by Cisco. 

It is a Samsung problem not a router problem.

Ever since the oreo update everyone is having wifi disconnect problems.  I think it's Samsung's way to get people to buy the S10+

0 Likes