JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 05-19-2017 12:39 PM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

JUMP TO SOLUTION
477 Replies
userNXN6aVpD1q
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How exactly did you do that?

0 Likes
userQakbFX4IHT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried this and still having the same err. Come on Samsung fix this it's been over a year already .

0 Likes
userZBrBJYEczn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dear Catiger CONSTELLATION

Thank you for that information, but for someone who is not tech savvy, I don't know how to do what you did, can you please a solution for dummies :). 
0 Likes
user2lr8TYbEz0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How to do it ? 

Plz help!!

0 Likes
useroSnJeo13V7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

can you please explain steps how to do that? Thanks 

0 Likes
userKT6v4EPwyZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was having this same issue and I believe I found a solution. Go to settings -> connections -> wifi -> advanced, and turn off "switch to mobile data"

Seems to have fixed the issue for me - hope it stays fixed!

0 Likes
userKkEZ5d4UaG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found this in another forum and it seems to have corrected the issue. 

"Type  *#9900#   in your keypad scroll down to WLAN FIRMWARE DUMP MODE and turn it off than click on WLAN ADVANCED DEBUG and click on DISCONNECTION SYSDUMP and press OK.

When you did this scroll up to DELETE DUMPSTATE and press ok. Then click on exit at the bottom.

When you done all of this type *#2663# in your Keypad and press on REFRESH WIFI VERSION."

0 Likes
userKkEZ5d4UaG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Still didn't work, only thing I can do is connect to my guest network

0 Likes
JoeR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've tried everything as well.  Very concerned that Samsung has not stepped up to resolve this.  May point to some serious issue that they cannot disclose and thus stay silent.  It may be time to turn to Twitter and other social media to shame them into ownership and/or disclosure.  For them not to address seems to imply bigger issues in play and this, of course, raises even greater concern!

0 Likes
CharlesAG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had this issue on and off for at least a year now. Tonight it has been insanely bad. Glad to see it's still going strong with no actual fix in sight. Didn't we just do an update. Actually 2 within the last month or so alone. Nevermind that I have 250mb internet and can't even stream services I pay for (which I used to just fine mirrored on my '15 uhd Samsung TV) not cut out on phone calls even in wifi calling even though my tv can stream 4k and hdr and my ps4pro picks up 100% signal strength always, in the same small room. Also someone else in the basement on the same network with their older iPhone never has an issue. I've always loved my Samsung phones but this has been a catastrophe, and the fact it has never been addressed after all the BS I went through thanks to the NOTE catching on fire. I've tried multiple fixes but there seems to be some new ones. Come on Samsung I've sunk probably 10 grand into your products over the last few years between laptops phones TVs and accessories. How about some help

0 Likes