cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWf9Ph6tol2
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What was the solution I am experiencing the same problem. 

userxW8cbZW6rG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.  I went ahead a set a static IP address on the phone and the issue continues work me.  I no longer get the exclamation mark but all of a sudden the one internet would stop now and I would see both an lte and wifi connection above.  I've never seen both settings before.  Smart wifi was turned off but to be safe I toggled it on and off.  I hope Samsung fixes this soon.  I don't want to lose the s8 as my goto phone. 

userfhgOv1fMBA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact problem. Got my Verizon S8+ from Samsung two months ago. Every now and then during the day, an exclamation mark appears next to my wifi with no internet connection, and flipping wifi off and on fixes it. My LG G4 and G5 did not have that issue at all. Also happens to be on a 5ghz network. 

usernDOtuPaAQA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same situation happening to my Samsung S8 plus and I’m from Australia. Taking the phone back for a replacement tomorrow. Happens on both 2.4 and 5 wifi bands. Reset the modem, factory reset the phone. Have had my Samsung tablet running 5ghz all day without a single drop in connection. Noticed that when my phone is connected to wifi and I’m running Netflix on my TV it will buffer like crazy. Switch the phone off wifi and instant connection/streaming. Samsung said it’s a fault in the phone after trying to sync to store wifi. Instant error. Hopefully it’s just a bad phone and the replacement will fix.

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same problem as everyone in here. I called Samsung and they want me to take this to Best Buy. My older Samsung S6 is not having the same problem nor my daughter's IPhones. Has anyone found a fix?
userY4rn5JlmKy
Constellation

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is happening to me as well. I have an Asus router. Both 2.4 and 5G have the same SSID so I can't say if it happens more on one band than the other. My phone is the T-Mobile variant with the latest updates applied (though I no longer actually have service with T-Mobile).
usergOWOn2yq9u
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're having the same issue. Recently bought 3 S8s for the family. Two of them are working just fine but one keeps having this issue daily. Sometimes things like restarting the router works, other times it doesn't.  We've tried a most of the methods mentioned in this thread as well but we have yet to have a permanent fix. 

The phone doesn't seem to have issues connecting to other networks, just the home one so I do if it's worth contacting our internet provider or not. 

usergDOe7f5YaD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turn off Enhanced LTE and "BAM" all fixed

user85uwAjhRoJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has been a frustrating year (almost) with the S8 but IMHO, still worth it. The user who posted about turning off Enhanced LTE is onto something, but you have to go even further. I believe the S8 does not handle switching IP addresses between our carrier's mobile data network and some of our more complex home Wi-Fi systems. To avoid this switch, when at your Wi-Fi location, put the S8 in Airplane mode, then re-enable Wi-Fi with a static IP address (not DHCP). Using my carrier's Wi-Fi enabled calling, I move from one mesh satellite to another without calls being dropped or Wi-Fi disconnects. Of course, when you leave your Wi-Fi location, turn off Airplane mode or you will be back in the stone age.

userw1ne7OTaBR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this issue. Spent 4 hours online,  w xfinity and w Verizon to no avail.  I accidentally found this app and saw the wifi settings had 2 blocked networks.  Unblocked and voila! It works!