cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userapVLs4lzL1
Asteroid

Galaxy S8 active answer screen problems

When the Galaxy S8 active rings it seems that the answer screen is oriented landscape while the phone is oriented portrait. It will not let me answer the calls nor does locking and unlocking help. Restarting the phone also did not help. This is an intermittent issue that seems to be getting worse.Screenshot_20191015-124516_Call.jpg

Screenshot_20191004-161828_Call(1).jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S8 active answer screen problems

Does this happen with the phone in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userapVLs4lzL1
Asteroid

@SamsungCole wrote:

Does this happen with the phone in safe mode?

I will try it and get back to you probably tomorrow.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there, just wanted to check back with you to see if you've given this a try? Did the same thing happen in this mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userapVLs4lzL1
Asteroid

@SamsungCole wrote:

Hey there, just wanted to check back with you to see if you've given this a try? Did the same thing happen in this mode?

The issue has not occured since the phone has been in safe mode. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

So what this means is that something you have downloaded or changed is causing this to happen. Do you recall any specific apps that were downloaded or any settings that were changed around the time that this began to happen? A new theme even?

userapVLs4lzL1
Asteroid

@SamsungCole wrote:

So what this means is that something you have downloaded or changed is causing this to happen. Do you recall any specific apps that were downloaded or any settings that were changed around the time that this began to happen? A new theme even?

I'm not sure, but I will start deleting things. Thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You are welcome, let me know if I can be of further help! Smiley Happy

userapVLs4lzL1
Asteroid

Ok, I slowly deleted all the downloaded apps and the problem still occurs.

The theme has not changed.

If the orientation is locked in portrait, the problem doesn't seem to occur. In the auto rotate settings, under "rotate to landscape mode", "voice call screen" is not turned on. None of the "rotate to landscape modes" are on.

Highlighted
Samsung_X4hGw9F
Constellation

Yeah that happened with my phone and it was me using a certain theme. So just try checking any important material on your phone.It may also need to be updated too.