cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVRIhdsBJJz
Astronaut

Galaxy S8 active july update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the july update for the s8 active has effectively rendered my phone near useless for anything but talk and text. it now runs extremely slowly for no reason, my camera doesnt work, any app associate with my camera, like snapchat flat out no longer works, youtube doesnt work, and many of the apps i need for work now either run extremely slowly or just dont work at all

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S8 active july update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried wiping the cache partition? See if that helps.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried wiping the cache partition? See if that helps.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

View solution in original post

userqKZcpsdShn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My camera app stopped working this morning, 8-1-2019.  I've tried all the steps, clearing data and cache on the app, rebooting., factory reset twice, wiped the cache partition, no change.  The camera app icons all appear but the screen is black and no photos or videos appear.  However, I downloaded two different 3rd party apps off the Play store.  Both worked on the rear facing camera but the front facing camera remained black.

TNS8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cleared the Cache Partition on my phone and it worked. But, I had to do it a week later too. Is this something samesung is going to fix or am I going to have to continue to clean the cache once a week till I replace the phone?

Smart phones are a convience, but why do an update that makes them inconvient cause the flashlight wont work or the camera wont work. When stuff isn't going on that you need these things for its no big deal to clear the cache...but when your phone decides randomly it doesn't want to work and you miss a picture opportunity with your kids that you wont get back its rather irritating... Please fix this. There are probably several people that are having this issue that aren't speaking up here.

I love my samsung phones.  But I really hope Samsung isn't pulling an apple and messing with peoples phones to get them to buy new ones.