cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZWr68sqpBM
Constellation

Galaxy S8 back order

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ordered a Samsung galaxy s8 from this exact website over a week ago, and the phone is still in back order. When can I expect that to be fixed. I'm extremely worried that it is going to take months like it has for other people, and I won't even be living here in that time because I go to university in a month. They didn't even tell me the phone was on back order until after I bought it. I just want the phone I paid for. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrTan
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S8 back order

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Orchid S8+ currently on backorder, from an order placed on Weds (6.21.17). The Arctic S8+ was shipped the following day, yet despite the two-day air claim, it still has not arrived (making it 5 days as of today).

Samsung is doing a piss poor job at maintaining and handling these orders. There is absolutely zero reason for a phone that was released two months ago, has undergone several BOGO promotions, and has had many price drops to be listed as "BACKORDERED" for this long.

And yet, Samsung has already charged the full amount without any indication of when the backordered item will be processed.

Samsung CSR's are another extreme disappointment -- I've gotten answers ranging from "tomorrow" to "2-3 weeks" for inventory replenishment. It seems that CSRs have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and honestly are no help. There is ZERO reason for anyone to be waiting in excess of 20-30 minutes to reach a represenative. Either clean up your act or get out of the business.

It's a shame that I can put an order for a $10 item on Amazon and have it arrive within two-days, yet paying $1800 for two phones can't even guarantee me one phone in two days. Really, it's a shame.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
user2tA8xqiLr5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same for me
userZWr68sqpBM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is extremely frustrating and a complete downer 

userqq6qn7JCeM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same for me and this is extremely frustrating
MrTan
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Orchid S8+ currently on backorder, from an order placed on Weds (6.21.17). The Arctic S8+ was shipped the following day, yet despite the two-day air claim, it still has not arrived (making it 5 days as of today).

Samsung is doing a piss poor job at maintaining and handling these orders. There is absolutely zero reason for a phone that was released two months ago, has undergone several BOGO promotions, and has had many price drops to be listed as "BACKORDERED" for this long.

And yet, Samsung has already charged the full amount without any indication of when the backordered item will be processed.

Samsung CSR's are another extreme disappointment -- I've gotten answers ranging from "tomorrow" to "2-3 weeks" for inventory replenishment. It seems that CSRs have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and honestly are no help. There is ZERO reason for anyone to be waiting in excess of 20-30 minutes to reach a represenative. Either clean up your act or get out of the business.

It's a shame that I can put an order for a $10 item on Amazon and have it arrive within two-days, yet paying $1800 for two phones can't even guarantee me one phone in two days. Really, it's a shame.

View solution in original post

user9HiHYXzg5p
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Website order page still shows "Product ships in 1 – 3 business days."  So , even new orders are being taken with no transparency as to availability.

Kimmie
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah Same here.. 

I contacted CS mutiple times and one they tell me by friday (June 30) it should arrive, another tells me it could be weeks.. I'm confused, frustarted and anxious. 

I went to order page also and even was on the page where it confirms the purchase to get a better idea of when it will ship to compare and deduce how long it will be. 

1-2 business days. Tf. 

Are they really shipping the recent orders in 1-2 business days while I have to wait on a backorder? 

Should have just went in store..

This experience makes me want to drop samsung. 

No communication between customer and seller..

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kimmie

See my thread here

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
usernGiaig4Qvn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it makes you feel better, I ordered the s8+ a few hours ago and a few minutes ago received an email saying it was on back order as well. 

Highlighted
Ålejandro
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same and I should have checked amazon apparently this "prime day" has some great offers too late for that now.