cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpkPmUYC88N
Asteroid

Galaxy S8 camera quick launch problem?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So when I press the power button on my S8 to look at the time, the camera will randomly turn on from a single press of the button instead of the 2 quick presses of the button. Anyone else have that problem? Any solution besides turning off the feature altogether that anyone knows of? 

-thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy S8 camera quick launch problem?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userpkPmUYC88N
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier and when you started noticing this happen. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

11 REPLIES 11
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userpkPmUYC88N
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier and when you started noticing this happen. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userpkPmUYC88N
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've followed the steps suggested and now I'll wait to see if the problem continues.

-thanks

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem! Just let us know if things start acting up again.  Smiley Happy

userpkPmUYC88N
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So after clearing the cache, my galaxy s8's camera quick launch was not randomly turning on with a single press of the power button for almost the whole week, it did come on twice yesterday though when i went to look at the time, maybe the cache needs to be cleared periodically to keep the issue away, also, my phone did a system update yesterday when i got home from work So maybe the problem could have been patched through the update. 

user5sNvnpnSoF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with my phone.  I have tried a software reset and clearing the cache.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5sNvnpnSoF

Have you had a moment to try and of the other suggestions from this thread?

user5sNvnpnSoF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep.  The issue seems to subside for a while after clearing the cache, but it ends up coming back.  I made a Reddit post and at least one other person has this issue as well.  I am hoping that the software debouncing is tweaked on the power button or that a bug is identified and patched.

userM84lhEdRVz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this problem.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userM84lhEdRVz

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting methods we listed above? Just double checking so that I know what you have and haven't tried already.