cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This actually helped me. Ok, it has misarranged all of my home screen shortcuts, but it helped and the fingerprint sensor has show no defects so far...

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine suddenly stopped accepting my fingerprint and never gives my the choice of face recognition before going to pass word manual entry. I have rebooted but no luck. My phone updated yesterday. Could this be the reason?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same problem here.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S8 plus and mine wrong even detect my finger to register. I've rebooted, several times in fact and when i attempt to register a finger it keeps saying cover sensor completely. I cover it every single time but all it does is vibrate and keeps saying cover sensor. Anyone else having this type of issue? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yep, exact issue
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same issue. Initially once per week. Now 3 times today. Mine seems to work fine after unlocking with PIN without reboot, but this happening more frequently today is annoying.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I worked with Samsung and they have given up.  Mine won't work with any of the work around. Turning on and off finger gestures. It works when it wants to.  About to do a factory reset then if that doesn't work they owe me a brand new phone not a refurbished one either.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, but what's discouraging is that my friend who bought one with me at the same store at the same time has as of yet experienced this problem.  makes me question whether it's actual software and not another Samsung hardware issue. I tried swapping it out at the tmobile store but they wanted to charge me some sort of warranty replacement fee for a refurbished phone instead of letting me return it and getting a new one. I noticed the issue from day one but assumed it was user error in how I registered my finger prints, but after a while I gave up on that and realized it was the phone. I'm glad to see I'm not crazy. I don't want a refurbished replacement Samsung. I want my emei to match the box it came with. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userIGiRjO7d3x wrote:

Same here, but what's discouraging is that my friend who bought one with me at the same store at the same time has as of yet experienced this problem.  makes me question whether it's actual software and not another Samsung hardware issue.

It's almost certainly Samsung's firmware. For some of us, it's the iris scanner that fails rather than the fps. But I exchanged my S8+ for a new one and kept having the same problem.

There's a firmware flaw that's clobbering subsystems at random, depending on what happens to be in memory, which depends in turn on your apps (even if the apps themselves are all behaving properly). Samsung takes that variability as an excuse to say hey, it's not our fault, it's the apps. Just don't download any apps and you'll be fine!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fingerprint scanner is doing to same thing in my galaxy s8 Verizon. I heard that the s8+ doesn't have the problem nearly as much. Is this the case?