cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing with me, only way to fix it is to reboot... happened to me 4-5 times so far... as much as I'm in love with the phone but it's getting so annoying!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. It doesn't respond sometimes after the phone goes to sleep. I need to wake it up with the power button first and then use the finger sensor.

It's as if the finger sensor has gone into hibernation as well.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having tbe same problem it has happened a few times already since.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sensor isn't working at all.  I deleted my fingerprint and now it won't add back.  I forced stopped the fingerprint app and ran the normal scan thorough #*0*# and all the checks passed. A reboot doesn't even fix it now.  I hope Samsung has a fix for this.  As of now the fingerprint sensor is worthless for everything.  Can't open phone apps or Samsung pay that uses this feature 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem for a couple of days and to fix all you have to do is go into settings and go to Lock Screen and Security and then turn off Always on Display. I did this and i havent had this issue for about a week.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernC4upSPAgZ wrote:

I had this problem for a couple of days and to fix all you have to do is go into settings and go to Lock Screen and Security and then turn off Always on Display. I did this and i havent had this issue for about a week.

Could it really be the AOD causing the issue??  Did you turn it off and that reactivated the sensor, or did you reboot it first? Because if we could pinpoint it to the AOD that could  e a huge step in them fixing it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone think this could be linked to the fact that this is Samsung's first fingerprint sensor that wasn't a hard button as well, so it's their first attempt at one that has to always be on?  It probably has software bugs with everything linked to it.  Up/down gestures, the AOD... I'm sure they'll work the kinks out *hopefully soon*

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's a good thought and hopefully am update comes soon.  My issue however is a bit different. I'm unable to register any fingerprint so before I can have the issue that it stops working I have to solve the issue of my sensor not picking up anything. Every time I place finger it gives message to cover sensor completely. I am doing so butt still it won't detect. No matter the finger, the direction it will not sense I'm covering it. It just vibrates and tells me over and over to cover fully. Wonder if I have a faulty phone? Any ideas? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have exactly the same problem. I think this must be a software problem
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.