cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem today.  Reboot fixed me up.

userGkM5FqF84P
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also experiencing the same issue in Indonesia. I contacted the Samsung online customer service, however I was told that I did not set up the scanner properly or that my finger was not in the right position. This is complete Bullsh*t. As I searched on the web, i found this forum and learn that it is indeed an issue. It appears to be a software problem. Samsung, please fix this ASAP. This is unacceptable!

And blaming our lack of ability to place a finger on a scanner is an insult!

userivFbJEVYrV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not the AOD for me (turned off AOD shortly after receiving the phone), but I did take advice of others about turning off the fingerprint gestures and it hasn't crashed for me for about a week now.  Appears to be gesture related, but if the sensor doesn't work at all to begin with, it might be defective.

user5DYssBRDuU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine worked for over 3 weeks and just stopped yesterday. Now I have done a cache clear checked the normal scan for the fingerprint and nothing. It does absolutely nothing. No error when trying to add back your fingerprint just the instructional screen. I don't see how it could go from working to nothing at all now.

user5DYssBRDuU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was about to do a factory reset and decided to try adding the fingerprint one last time (about 100 attempts in 28 hours) and it worked. However it only worked for about 30 mins and now it doesn't recognize it again like it doesn't exist. At least the print Is added back.  Is this a software thing or a malfunction with the phone that needs to be replaced?

userDgTNpSwmFp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same issue. You don't necessary have to reboot. Go to your setting and then go to advanced features. Turn off, then turn on finger sensor gestures and it'll start working again.  It sucks but it's better than rebooting your whole phone. 

kenargo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same here; I guess this is more common than I thought. I was near resetting my phone to factory defaults when I found this thread but a simple reboot didn't appear to solve it for me. I powered down the phone and left it off for a few moments and then turned it back on. Now I'm back in business but I wonder for how long given the number of people reporting the issue. Hopefully Samsung issues a fix quickly!
userwHkCc479IP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well it looks like I'm not the only one with this issue.

userOQblqM8M84
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. How ridiculous.

Highlighted
Vinegar
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this:

• Pull down the notification panel and tap the Settings icon
  • Type Finger Sensor Gestures in the search option and tap the only result
  • Turn this feature off

This has worked for me for over a week now.  I hope it works for you!