Galaxy

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has never worked 

usermdZf356ZP2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My finger print reader was not working, just like everyone else has described  here, and after turnig the gesture feature off, the finger print reader worked immediately after. 

userGODs0TdRwh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah this is true for i believe almost everybody. Samsung really should know about this issue and release a fix fast as possible. This has happened to me in total around 5-7 times and it's starting to get annoying.

Rodankle
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same issue here but usually after it has been exposed to water or dirt or something. Needs a fix
userSlk7LzuBX8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue...I'm on Sprint. 

Samsung - what is your response for us all and an eta for a fix?

Highlighted
userIIttQ3swZS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Posting again, just an update from my experiences...

I only have this problem when my phone has been idle (and usually in my pocket) for an extended period.  

Sometimes it comes back to life by toggling lock screen settings, sometimes by attempting to scan another fingerprint, and sometimes I have to resort to a reboot to fix.  Not much consistency in resolution efforts.

@SamsungViv @SamsungGrant @SamsungMarcos You all have been responsive in other threads, can you respond with information regarding this issue?  

userxaM5o4HXUd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened for me after update. Reboots did not work.  I turned off finger sensor gestures (under advanced features) and it worked IMMEDIATELY. Definitely software issue.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey all

This is being looked into as well as the problems with the facial recognition. Has anyone else tried to test and see if @userxaM5o4HXUd suggestion works for them too??

I'd be interested in seeing if this setting might be messing with more than one person on this thread. That would certainly narrow down what might be happening.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userIIttQ3swZS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

3 weeks, 8 pages, and a lot of unhappy users (based upon this thread, Reddit, and other carrier specific community forums) and finally at least some acknowledgement of "looking into the issue".

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited that at least something is going on.  When I talked with Samsung Support they acted like this was an isolated issue, and their solution was to tell me to run in Safe Mode... (which BTW Safe Mode renders a smartphone into, well, just a phone...)  I was hoping Samsung could pull a log from my phone to retrace the issue, but no dice.

Thanks @SamsungViv for commenting.  I'll try the proposed settings change when I experience this problem again and report back.