cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well it doesn't look like they are interested in keeping their customers happy, such a shame as the phone is a piece of art. It just doesn't work as advertised.

Back to LG I go. Good luck and apologies to those who are stuck with this phone for 24 months. Maybe it will get fixed in 12?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been dealing with the same issue. The only workaround I can provide is that you turn on the Iris Scanner in the security settings. My fingerprint sensor stops working if I only have fingerprinter sensor as the only biometric security. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jacyhung wrote:

My issue is sort of different. If I leave the phone idle for a while, the phone will not sense a finger, with no vibrations.

If I unlock the phone using a different method and relock it, then the fingerprint starts to work.

I have exactly same problem. Unlocking with pin or iris scanner (yes, it's still working) and locking back again makes fingerprint scanner work again. 

And it happens even with fingerprint swipe gesture turned off. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I have found a solution.

Basicly try to disable "Optimize battery usage" for an "Fingerprint" app by going to Settings -> Device maintenance -> Battery -> Battery usage -> 3 dots on top right -> Optimize battery usage -> switch to "All apps" -> find "Fingerprint" app and disable optimization for it.

Credits: xda-post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here! We shouldn't have to reset the phone to get this function working again

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same issue. Mine does not work on the Samsung Health App to record Heart Rate or Stress. Just another problem along with no sound on text or ringing with all notification set correctly. Doesn't make a sound if you change the sound settings either. Also, one does it plays video preview in Facebook the next it says there is a problem and won't work. So far

nothing short of an awful experience. Sad when I was so excited about my new phone. Has put my friends off changing so far.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Excact same issue here *sigh*.  Can't use the finger sensor guestures either and when I go to unlock my phone with it, it does not even vibrate in rejection, like it does not even notice that anything is touching it at all.   To bad Samsung doesn't seem to care as they have not posted anything on this form themselves.  

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and I both have the S8+ and my phone is fine but my wife's finger print sensor also doesn't work. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having something! I have it about a week, t

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing is happening to me! I have it about a week, than it stop working. I have to restart it to make the darn thing work again! I hope it's the software.