Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same problem here

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also having issues!!! Toggling the sensor works every once in awhile for a quick fix, but then have to reboot! Very upsetting! Have to reboot like 5 times a day now and thought i was going crazy! You think with all the issues with the note 7 they would do better with the software testing in this phone! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue as well. I'm so tired of it. At first it happened, it wasn't often. Now though it's happening everyday. I hope they release an update to fix this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me as well. This just started happening last week (5.20.17) only a restart of phone resolves the issue. I cannot identify the cause.l, nor a repeatable pattern.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here no pattern to figure out. Seems to do it after idle for a while.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing is happening to me. Reboot solves it, but from time to time it still reoccurs.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure your secured lock time is set correctly. Mine was set to stay unlocked for 10 minutes and when I set it to lock with the lock button it now unlocks with my finger print every time.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same issue here. Mine can only be resolved with an actual reboot. It's freaking annoying and I'm thinking about returning the phone since Samsung hasn't said anything so far.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having this issue for the past couple of weeks. Funny enough, I have LastPass on the phone with the fingerprint scanner enabled and it works fine - even when the scanner doesn't work on the lock screen of the phone. Makes me think the scanner is working, but somehow does not get triggered properly on the lock screen.

Rebooting is the only way I can get it working until it goes down again. WHERE'S THE FIX???

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Started about a week after I got the phone and only a reboot fixes it. It usually is only once every day or two but it happened 2 times in 15 mins of each other today.