cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Started about a week after I got the phone and only a reboot fixes it. It usually is only once every day or two but it happened 2 times in 15 mins of each other today. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't been having this issue too much... But I'm afraid it will get worse like some of yours. I contacted support and they gave no info about an update. The people who say it's coming on the next patch... Can u link a source?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For right now disabling FP gestures solves the problem but you lose half the functionality of the FPS

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here! I have to reboot phone for it to function again but sometimes a reboot doesn't even work...What gives Samsung?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP1R6d1bMeb wrote:

For right now disabling FP gestures solves the problem but you lose half the functionality of the FPS

This totally solved the issue for me. I've been able to unlock the phone ever since I turned the fingerprint gestures off.

Thanks for helping out!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue also. It just happened to me right now and I googled it to see if it's happening to anyone else.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same problem... annoying bug after paying $750 for this device... I don't think it's a hardware issue coz SamsungPay continues to work with FP from lockscreen

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Facing similar issue 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good to know its not only me. reporting from june 6th 2017 still not fixed and this baby is only a couple days old.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Had this S8 plus for about a month and this happens about every 2 days or so. Going into "system apps", "fingerprint" to try to force stop doesn't work as it's greyed out. This is so annoying. Of course restarting the phone works to clear it, but for one of the main functions of the highest end phone ever made... FAIL Samsung. Really hoping a software update fixes this, but being on Verizon I'll maybe expect a fix in 6-10 months. Of course the Verizon store's fix was to just keep restarting it, or switch to using Iris scanner (which I've heard works WONDERFULLY!!-sarcasm.. ), or replace this brand new phone with a refurbished one. Seriously.. WTF??  

I made the  switch from HTCs from the M7-M9. Seriously considering selling this thing and going back to HTC.