cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing, hopefully it can be fixed by some sort of update. It happens to me more and more. I tried to be patient and let it be, after a few hours it worked. 

Frustrating. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Soo its happening to me right now.. this will be maybe the 6th time ive needed to reboot my phone. Good/Bad that im not the only one who is expierencing these issues. hope a fix is soon.. kind of annoying to reboot to fix the problem

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When people post about having (or not having) this problem, it would be helpful to know what firmware version their phones have.

I had some fps-related problems with previous firmware, up to AQDE. But with my current (AQEF) version, it all seems to work properly.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8-Questions-and-Answers/quot-The-iris-sensor-is-not-resp...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am currently on Firmware version G955USQU1AQEF/G955UOYN1AQEF/G955USQU1AQEF 

i have encountered this problem about twice a month since launch. To solve the problem i do a FPS test, reboot, ot toggle FPS gestures off (I then turn it back on after iu confirm the problem stopped)

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP1R6d1bMeb wrote:

I am currently on Firmware version G955USQU1AQEF/G955UOYN1AQEF/G955USQU1AQEF 

i have encountered this problem about twice a month since launch. To solve the problem i do a FPS test, reboot, ot toggle FPS gestures off (I then turn it back on after iu confirm the problem stopped)

AQEF is pretty recent--have you observed the problem since that update?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, at least 2 times since. I have just done a factory reset, lets see if that fixed it

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'd be curious to know if everyone who has this issue has fingerprint scanner gestures turned on. I first started to notice the issue after enabling gestures and I have since turned that feature off (and haven't had a reoccurance yet afterwards).

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had my fingerprint scanner stop working, so I finally went and Google'd for a solution, got to this message, tried it (without rebooting, fingerprint sensor still not responding).

As soon as I turned off gestures it started working again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, i'm the one who did a Factory Reset recently, and I got the problem again. I have fps gestures enabled, and the fix does work for me... But I love the feature so much. So once the sensor begins to work again (after disabling the fps gestures) I turn it back on. But others have said they left this setting off and have still encountered the problem. I will leave it turned off and report back. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive been having the same issue. Only twice since launch but still very annoying when it does happen. Im trying this same solution (turning off gestures) hopefully this is the solution. Cheers!