cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPErXCHUn49
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also noticed that it's having a harder time picking up new prints then when I first bought the phone..

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem on my S8 and my wife's S8.

useraoZBN2YMCf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can we get a "hey how's it going" or a "Hi my name is Jim, how can I help you", or basically anything what-so-ever please from someone at Samsung who monitors these community threads? It's been many, many days.
@somebodyWhoWorksForSamsung

Edit:  @SamsungMarcos

userHpMlsDoouf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sensor does this only when the phone is charging

edstarj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing is happening on my S8+, guess it's never getting fixed? it's a really riddiculouw thing to deal with on a newly thousand dollar phone. Seriously samsung, if you're gonna put the fingerprint reader in the worst place in history, at least make it work...

useraoZBN2YMCf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Personally I love where the fingerprint reader is. I find it extremely easy to get my finger from either hand in that spot while I'm just holding my phone naturally. However I think it's abysmal that no one from Samsung has commented on this thread yet.

user60Qv8TweqH
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wanted to say I have the same issue. Turning gestures off then back on or registering a new fingerprint seem to reset the issue for a while. Resets also work. Really annoying. 

userR7njkAKPRQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please vote for Samsung in this matter!

Highlighted
userQvsVssHEoc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine won't work if my hands are sweating (even just a little), wet, or roughed up. I realized what was happening after 2 camping trips and digging a garden this summer. Those were the times I struggled most, but also when hiking (damp hands when at a stream, etc). I'm afraid to lock myself out of Samsung Pay and other apps... so I need to stop working with my hands in order to use it ... ?

userQSq2bb00a6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone does this too.  I noticed that when this starts happening, my phone will do a double vibrate when I press the lock/unlock side button to lock my phone.  It's done this the last two times the fingerprint sensor stopped working.  Once I rebooted, the double vibrate didn't happen anymore when I locked my phone and the sensor started working.