cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad I could help! Now if only everyone would read this lol...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDQZ5UMC16B wrote:

Glad I could help! Now if only everyone would read this lol...

It sounds like Samsung have a fix in the pipe now. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDQZ5UMC16B wrote:

So, here is a "fix that's easy to do and takes around 3 seconds to perform. If the fingerprint scanner becomes inoperative, simply unlock the phone, place a registered finger on the scanner, lock the phone and wait 2-3 seconds for it to unlock itself by fingerprint. Just do this as necessary until Samsung gets it's **bleep** together. The problem is the phone thinks there is a finger there, detects nothing and considers it as a "non matching fingerprint" and every time you lock the phone it tries to rescan it when it glitches, so if it finds a correct fingerprint there instead it will actually fix the glitch until next time. But since it's only a few second process it's much better than rebooting the phone every time or doing the cache partition clear.

This idea cane to me since the phone vibrates when it locks as if the sensor activated so I tried it and what do you know? Problem solved lol.

Thank you! You are very smart. 

And Samsung, get it fixed please. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That command does not work on Verizon phones, if that is what you have.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useroLegyhZwwV wrote:
This is ridiculous. I have to restart my **bleep** phone 4-5 times a day bc the fingerprint scanner is taking a **bleep**. Can Samsung at least acknowledge this issue or do we have to go to Twitter and other social media to complain?

No need to restart. Just open by iris or pin. Then, turn the screen off and try the sensor again. Works like a charm. 

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How in the world can i get to this spot to run the sensor test. Just can't figure it out. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem as well and it seems Samsung isn't doing anything about it, the most recent software update did nothing to fix the problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I contacted samsung and they are not sure what it is but said I could try sending it in to be looked at 

The way to temporarily fix this issue is to restart the phone everytime or power of the phone and press hold the bixby,volume up and power button until the android symbol shows on the screen. U then go down toi clear cache partitions. Which I found worked better

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hope this helps