cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with the fingerprint sensor. I have to reboot the phone just to get the phone to work again.. super frustrating.. I hope that Samsung is working on a software update fix for this issue

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Crashed 3 times on me already.. when are you guys going to fix this issue!?!?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue. And a reboot isn't working for me. This is pissing me off. It is a brand new phone. And only a 2 weeks old. And has been taken care of like a baby. So yeah.... Samsung needs to get off their butt and fix this b.s.. I use apps that require fingerprints.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to add my 2 pence worth to this already very worrying thread.

Switched from an LG G4 which had no issues at all and still has no issues 2 years after buying it to the S8, always felt I had made the wrong choice by going LG in the first place when everyone else had the s6 edge and then s7 so decided to see what all the hype was about and went for the s8 last Sunday as my upgrade.

The phone worked perfectly for exactly 7 days, apart from a strange issue with my EETV app which streams live TV from my box. This app seems to dislike the s8 and buffers the content every 30 seconds or so which I thought may have just been because its not really optimised for the s8 yet but now I am not so sure. It seems more like the s8 is not optimised for streaming. Again the LG G4 worked perfectly for this, but a brand new s8 with it's amazing screen and super fast SOC and all its other bells and whistles cannot accomplish this seamingly simple task.

Yesterday even though I have set my home location as a 'safe' location so I don't have to use fingerprint or password to unlock, it decided I was not at home anymore and prompted me every time I tried to unlock my phone for a password or fingerprint.

Today I have been having a few different issues, the fingerprint scanner stopped responding which as I see is not unique to me. I had to restart the phone to make it work again as have many others. I do not have gestures enabled or the always on display as both seem pretty pointless to me, much like the dedicated bixby button...

The data connection randomly just does not work. It says it is connected yet I cannot use the internet. Or I can use the internet with Chrome but not with other apps like my banking app and one I use for the local bus service. Random websites also do not work intermittently. Airplane mode off then on was fixing it but then even that was not enough and again I had to reboot the phone to make it work as it should.

I find this unacceptable for a phone which costs almost a months wages! From a company which has been making handsets for as long as I can remember.

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon? I cannot quite believe the software is that unstable, that it requires 3 reboots in 2 days to make it work. Do not blame 3rd party apps, I used the exact same apps on my G4 for pretty much the whole 2 years I had it with no issues. It is YOUR software at fault.

Is it time to take it back as I am still within 14 days of purchase and switch to a different manufacturer? It does not look like you are in a hurry to fix it to me.

I have just performed a full factory reset, which is kinda annoying after setting the phone up just how I wanted it and even more annoying to have to do this to try and rectify obvious faults that should have been found in testing. Much like the Note 7 battery issues eh? Are these things even tested anymore or are we, the early adopters paying $800 to be your testers?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userOL0a4Tfw2e

I completely agree with each of your points!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any updates on the finger print scanner issue.

i have seen this quite a few times now . Was just hoping Samsung can provide some fix for it as its getting quite annoying .

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same issue on my s8+. It's really annoying . Hopefully this can be fixed. It's starting to happen at least once a week now . I can't always turn of and restart phone 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this same issue since day one. It was just once every couple of days, now it happens up to 5 times a day. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wanted to add here that the fingerprint gesture work around did not make any difference for me. In the first place I did not have the fingerprint gesture enabled, and was regularly having the issue with the fingerprint scanner not functioning for unlocking the phone. I decided to then turn on fingerprint gestures and then turn them off, but still have the same issues with intermittent functioning of the fingerprint sensor.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My issue is sort of different. If I leave the phone idle for a while, the phone will not sense a finger, with no vibrations.

If I unlock the phone using a different method and relock it, then the fingerprint starts to work.