cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZOmqOSQ3wt
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just a head's up to everyone that is having this issue. I've spoken with Samsung Technical Support and the best thing all of us can do is call 1-800-Samsung and explain this issue to them as well. Otherwise, there will never be a "patch" or "fix" in the pipeline. What's frustrating for me was that I sent my phone to their Repair Center for a week already and the issue was not resolved. This leads me to the same conclusion many of you have come to that this is Software related and not a hardware issue. That being said, the gentleman on the phone stated that he has not received ANY calls regarding the fingerprint scanner not working and that we cannot expect a fix to come from Samsung until they do. 

So, I beg all of you to start calling Samsung directly about this problem.

user5rVFDPzho5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called too and they asked me to send the phone as well. I don't have high hopes that they'll fix it but I still have my good old S6, so I'll use that for a few days. The lady I spoke with also said she had never heard about this happening to anybody else, so start calling people, they can't solve the issue if they don't know about it. I will send my phone to them and will post an update once I get it back

usermaCJHGAH2T
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll call tomorrow!

userUUrDQKh1H4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep same problem here!!! When you get such an expensive phone it should work properly in all aspects!!! Can't say I'm impressed. Will go back to iPhone I think.

@usertBdP4m7XmF wrote:

Having the exaxt same issue here as well.

Talk to support and they said should be software issue. For now reboot and will be fixed in the next update.

usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This describes my experience perfectly.

user9o5RF2YdEO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here man....

userP1R6d1bMeb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hate to be pessimestic, but dont hold ur breathe guys... they haven't even acknowledged the issue

MJL
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In playing around today with the fingerprint scanner I noticed a damp finger drop on the screen with a red finger picture.  My fingers are dry and chapped so just for fun I switched to my left hand fingers that are a little dry but not chapped.  Low and behold the scanner read the prints from each finger just like it's supposed to work.

I guess shinny chapped fingers don't work too good.  

Anyway the reader works.  Samsung must not have tried it with dry chapped fingers. So much for technology. 😁

userDxGAqGJA9K
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you Tried doing a wipe cache partition?

http://techbeasts.com/wipe-cache-partition-galaxy-s8-s8plus/

userP1R6d1bMeb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have done the wipe cache partition