cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ballk00zie
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner not sensing finger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happens to mine too. Sometimes it just needs 5 min to work again. Some days it never happens, but it's very annoying when it happens more than once a day...

Arowe7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has done this same thing once a day since I got it.  Restarting fixes the problem (temporarily).  Samsung needs to fix this

Beagz13
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, it's not consistent.

it may work one then 10 minutes later, it stops.  But it will begin working again as suddenly as it stopped.  It doesn't require a reboot.  It doesn't require turning for the scanner, then turning it back on.

Some days, the only thing it requires is me not throwing the blasted thing.

it really is a good phone.

But the fingerprint scanner is just frustrating as blazes.

Well, that, plus the fact Samsung doesn't play well with the app Ring Scheduler.  But that's a different story.

userkJm1V5989j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here

20170716_005525[1].png

useroLegyhZwwV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is ridiculous. I have to restart my **bleep** phone 4-5 times a day bc the fingerprint scanner is taking a **bleep**. Can Samsung at least acknowledge this issue or do we have to go to Twitter and other social media to complain?
userrwily7aOdb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has never worked. Can't even register my fingerprints! 

user60Qv8TweqH
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it's never worked and you run the sensor test with any fails I'd recommend initiating a replacement. For the rest of us I suspect it's a minor hardware fault thst doesn't show up on the sensor test coupled with a software timeout. 

Shawna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user60Qv8TweqH wrote:

If it's never worked and you run the sensor test with any fails I'd recommend initiating a replacement. For the rest of us I suspect it's a minor hardware fault thst doesn't show up on the sensor test coupled with a software timeout.

How do you go about doing a sensor test? I've had trouble from the beginning trying to get my fingerprint sensor to work. It's hard just getting a print registered. It literally takes 30 minutes. 

user60Qv8TweqH
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dial *#0*# to get to the diagnostic screen. Click Sensors and scroll all the way to the button. Run the fingerprint scanner test from there. To back out you have to double tap the back button at each screen or just keep mashing it until you get back to the Phone app. 

Shawna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user60Qv8TweqH wrote:

Dial *#0*# to get to the diagnostic screen. Click Sensors and scroll all the way to the button. Run the fingerprint scanner test from there. To back out you have to double tap the back button at each screen or just keep mashing it until you get back to the Phone app. 

Ok, either I'm slow or just confused lol, I go to phone dialer and hit *#0*# and all it does is make a call. Is there another place to do this or extra steps? Sorry for the slowness but some things I'm still learning even though I've been a Galaxy owner right fom the beginning. I appreciate the help!