cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGI4M7Xxuzu
Asteroid

Galaxy S8 moisture detected error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello - I am getting the same moisture detected error that others have gotten. I turn the phone off, plug in the charger, and reboot and am able to charge, however as soon as I unplug the charger the message returns. How can I actually FIX this issue, not just have to go through the rebooting process every time it happens? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S8 moisture detected error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userGI4M7Xxuzu, have you tried running it in safe mode? Does the symptom still persist?

29 REPLIES 29
userGI4M7Xxuzu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, I have gone through the USB cache-clearing steps already as well. 

userlrp6GF6uby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue is with the hardware. You will have to take it to samsung service center to be repaired with the warranty but good luck with that my phone is with them for over a month and they fix something and break sometihng else lol

check out the details in the thread I made and issues keep coming without being solved. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8-Questions-and-Answers/Galaxy-s8-moisture-detected-won-...

userGI4M7Xxuzu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your feedback. Looks like that's what it has come to for me too. How frustrating. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userGI4M7Xxuzu, have you tried running it in safe mode? Does the symptom still persist?

userS8m8LxPO7E
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Safe mode doesn't allow you to use apps. You still wont ve able to charge it. The only way to charge is wirelessly. The error message still hasn't gone away and I've tried every method out there and it still persists. 

userXbRLZnt4UD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Best Solution for s8 moisture detected error in usb port.

Many of us use to get this error, even if phone have no contact with water. This error won't let us charge our phone. till now the best solution is to charge it with your laptop.

power off your phone and then insert charger in your phone and link it with laptop usb port. after that power it on. it will start charging.  but this is not a permanent solution. but if you can charge it daily in this way, then this is permanent solution too. because till now, I didn't get any other solution better than this. atleast you can get your phone charged in this way.

Thanks & regards,

Sidra (Pakistan)

userlB1XAZPXIJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have tried but with my phone off and plugged in it wont even let me power it back up

Highlighted
userGI4M7Xxuzu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. The error message is not there when in safe mode. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a try. http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=710015&modelname=SM-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.