cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGI4M7Xxuzu
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8 moisture detected error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had no issues after switching to safe mode and then rebooting normally.  It seems too good to be true, but I am going to be optimistic. I purchased a cap for the usb port to ensure no gunk gets in there in the future. Hoping that will help.  

userxlQz4dblcY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem, even though the port is dry and has not been near water and the issue is that my phone's battery is dead so I can not reboot it, start it in safe mode or whatever else mentioned.

I tried connecting the cable to my laptop, but the moisture message still appears on the screen and I don't have access to my wireless charger as I'm on holiday in another country...

What should I do in this case?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxlQz4dblcY If you're unable to charge the phone or power it on, and you've tried the other suggestions, we would normally recommend repair service, but we would need a US address to ship the phone back to. I'm not sure if there are any UBREAKIFIX locations in the country you're currently in, but that is another option we recommend in the US. 

userLykkYjOQWk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What should i do
userOQyUAuIfwx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes, I still detect this in safe mode.
usersST7vQtiXN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill same issues here. I have been Through EVERY suggestion on the web. No water anywhere near phone. Cleared catch data, safe mode. It's a shame that I was going to upgrade to the s10 but upon reading that they are having this same crappy moisture detection AFTER AN UPDATE I may just not. 

I have been a loyal Samsung user for so long now and I'm losing faith this is just rediculous for such an expensive product. All ANYONE can basically do is tell us to do is put a band aid on it by having to restart the phone then wait for the lights to go off and plug it in just to be able to charge it. 

Disappointed.  Anyone have any ideas. Is it the update? How long till another one comes out to fix this crappie bug?

Highlighted
manigma
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is another FIX i found. Whenever you want to unplug your phone after charge, turn off the switch and quickly unplug the wire before the charging led light goes off. I have noticed if the wire remains in charging port when you cut off power, only then the phone triggers moisture detected alarm. So quickly remove the wire from your phone's charging port when you switch off the charger, before led light goes off (you have 2-3 seconds if you fully charge your phone to green light).

userckezcel4aA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far, none of the 'fixes' have been permanent. The error message goes away for awhile then randomly returns. My phone has not been exposed to any moisture, but just in case tried the hair dryer thing but no luck. 

I am very dissatisfied after spending  $800 on a phone to have this issue. I swore after my S6 I would never buy another Samsung, but I took a chance because the initial reviews were stellar. Definitely done with Samsung,  and plan to advise all my friends to buy an Iphone. 

This is shameful of Samsung 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried shaking the phone lightly and blowing into the charging port?

userCJqFPAL6GG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is a late reply, but I just got this issue today.

And your response reminds me of having an NES.  Game won't load?  Pull out the cartridge and blow in it!!