cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userrSNIT9L8Me
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 moisture detected error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I to have tried everything, gone through all of the steps that Samsung has suggested. Nothing has fixed it for good. I truely will be done with Samsung phones after this one no matter what the reviews. My husband never has any problems with his phones and they have NEVER been Samsung. 

userXbRLZnt4UD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Re: Galaxy S8 moisture detected error [ Edited ]

Best Solution for s8 moisture detected error in usb port.

Many of us use to get this error, even if phone have no contact with water. This error won't let us charge our phone. till now the best solution is to charge it with your laptop.

power off your phone and then insert charger in your phone and link it with laptop usb port. after that power it on. it will start charging.  but this is not a permanent solution. but if you can charge it daily in this way, then this is permanent solution too. because till now, I didn't get any other solution better than this. atleast you can get your phone charged in this way.

Thanks & regards,

Sidra (Pakistan)

userckezcel4aA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well its just downright annoying. You wouldnt think that when you spend this much money on a brand new phone , that you would have to jump through hoops to get it to work correctly.

I shouldnt have to have insurance or go without my phone in order to get something fixed that is Samsung's fault.  I should be able to walk in to t -mobile and know I can exchange it on the spot for one that works. 

At the very least, I should be offered a FREE wireless charger for my troubles. None of the above have happened, and Ive learned an expensive lesson about Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend having a service technician take a look into this for you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! Were you interested in service? 

Highlighted
Daize18
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's messed up

Jksamx36
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I actually  took a very small zipzip tie end, wrapped it in a lens cleaning wipe (the ones for eye glasses) as they use 95% alcohol and other cleaning agents that dry fast and leave no residue; GENTLY slid the end into the port and moved it back and forth.

The cloth came out black with dust and all the good stuff. I assume that stuff gets stuck in there that gets damp or acts as a short somewhere on the contacts and triggers the moisture notification. Obviously it happens to keep the phone from shorting out. 

userFfv3JwyD6m
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. 

Same here. Samsung refuses to admit it's an issue.
JDMotes
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this issue for weeks (S8 Active) and have tried all of these solutions but none last more a few days for me. Samsung has to man-up and try to help with this issue. I'm a loyal Samsung customer and deserve a device that works (considering how much these new phones cost) ... 

RakeshRaj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Everyone,

I had this issue for about 5 days "Samsung Moisture Detected Error" .

I followed the solution in the Forum but that did not help me get rid of the warning/error. 

I tried wipping out the cache that did not help either.

The Solution that worked for me :

Step 1: Turn OFF your Phone

Step 2Smiley Tongueress the Bixy button & Power Button at the same time, the phone will boot up. Once you see the Samsun Logo, connect your charger to the phone .

step 3: Leave the phone charged until it gets charged 100% . You can even leave it  charging a little longer even after you see the phone is fully charged. Unplug the phone and probably after that you should not see that error popping up again. 

Please do apologize if this solution did not help you out.  Try it out and let me know.

@userGI4M7Xxuzu wrote:

Hello - I am getting the same moisture detected error that others have gotten. I turn the phone off, plug in the charger, and reboot and am able to charge, however as soon as I unplug the charger the message returns. How can I actually FIX this issue, not just have to go through the rebooting process every time it happens?