Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mahabra
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy S8 "System UI has stopped working"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Every time I flip into landscape mode my S8 says "System UI has stopped working" it's getting really annoying especially when watching videos.

I've never had this issue until I updated to the latest software update. Please help it's really annoying :/

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Galaxy S8 "System UI has stopped working"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your device functions normally while in Safe Mode, you may want to go ahead and start deleting your third party apps (You can always redownload a new copy from the Galaxy App or Google Play stores). A best practice would be to either start with the most recently downloaded and work your way backwards, or to uninstall all of them and redownload one by one. Hope this helps. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

5 REPLIES 5
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this only happen in a specific apps? When did this first start happening?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Mahabra
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMel wrote:

Does this only happen in a specific apps? When did this first start happening?  

This happens in any app the can rotate to landscape mode. First started having this issue when I updated to the latest software update.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does it happen while you're in Safe Mode? Or are there any troubleshooting steps you have attempted for this? 

Mahabra
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMel wrote:

Does it happen while you're in Safe Mode? Or are there any troubleshooting steps you have attempted for this? 

I have not attempted to troubleshoot the issue but I have tested it in safe mode and did not experience the issue.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your device functions normally while in Safe Mode, you may want to go ahead and start deleting your third party apps (You can always redownload a new copy from the Galaxy App or Google Play stores). A best practice would be to either start with the most recently downloaded and work your way backwards, or to uninstall all of them and redownload one by one. Hope this helps.