cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PaulI
Asteroid

Galaxy s8 Media keeps pausing

My galaxy s8 media randomly pause. I thought it would go away but this has been happening for a while and is progressively getting worse. Also if someone's calling and im connected to a bluetooth device, it sometimes declines the call. Although this happens in all media, in spotify, sometimes when im listening to a song it pauses (and doesnt start playing) and the track rewinds to 0:00 and stays paused. I have to manually go and click play everytime this occurs. 

I noticed that sometimes the pausing is linked to my screen. If my screen goes blank, it pauses and when I wake it up, it stays playing. When this happens I unlock my phone and keep it woke. This doesnt fix the problem though. When I leave it woke for too long it starts pausing again (and/or stopping the music) and im not sure why. 

Lastly, when it begins to pause, the fastword/rewind/pause buttons on my bluetooth headphones stop working. The only thing I can do is increase/decrease the volume so theres no way for me to unpause the media by using my headphones. I have to use my phone every time. 

Any suggestions? This has been driving me crazy because it sometimes pauses seconds after I unpause it.  

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s8 Media keeps pausing

Have you gone through your settings and removed the apps from the Sleeping apps list and from the battery optimization settings?

PaulI
Asteroid

How do I do this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

PaulI
Asteroid

I have removed spotify from apps that sleep. 

For the WiFi article, I think my setting is already on (as my WiFi doesnt turn off when my phone sleeps) but can't find the specific setting.

Screenshot_20190513-102836_Settings.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Another place to check is if you go to Settings and search for Special Access. You will see Battery optimization as one of the first options. Make sure Spotify and any other media apps that you use are removed from here. Let me know if this corrects the problem.

PaulI
Asteroid

I have done what you recommended. It seems to be working; however I have not used media much today so I cant say anything with certainty. 

I will test it out and get back to you at latest Wednesday. Hopefully its resolved by then.

Regardless of the outcome though, thank you very much for your expedient help!

PaulI
Asteroid

The music problem seems to have stopped fully/almost fully (youtube paused only once and spotify had no issues) so I am thrilled. 

The only thing that wasnt affected, however, seems to be the declining of calls. As noted before, when my headphones (bluetooth) are connected to my phone and somone calls, it sometimes declines the call. I dont recieve a missed call notification so when this happens in my pocket, I remain oblivious that I recieved a call. This usually doesnt matter but I expecting a call from a stranger and do not wish to searcj my call log and return all fake calls. Also if the call is decline and the caller calls repetitively, subsequent calls are always declined. Besides this, I havent found a pattern in how it works. If you have any advice, please let me know.

Thank you very much for all your help up to this point.

useryYYc1X4NsZ
Constellation

I have the same problem now in 2019.  Everything and every app i have pauses with media on my phone and internet.  This is making owning a samsung pointless.  The only reason i chose android is its media capabilities. This is not good