cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user1Izb534OjI
Constellation

Galaxy s8 keeps pausing media

I have a galaxy s8 and every app I have is constantly and randomly pausing media. This goes for my music app, YouTube videos, and even videos on Facebook. I have disabled the power saving mode as well as selecting to keep WiFi on during sleep. I cannot find a solution. Although it is annoying It didn't bother me too much until I recently had a baby and when I play white noise for her it will pause itself and she will wake up. I've noticed that there is no set amount of time in which it will pause it is always random. please help!! thankyou.

140 REPLIES 140
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy s8 keeps pausing media

Hello there, @user1Izb534OjI
Just to verify, is it only pausing when the screen goes black or even when the screen is still active?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1Izb534OjI
Constellation

Even when it is active. I have it set to where the screen won't time out while video apps like YouTube are playing
Honored Contributor

Let's try a few steps that might help.

1. Certain firmware-oriented troubleshooting procedures also solve the issue, so if necessary, do not hesitate to wipe the system cache directory. Instructions are here
  2. Try going to the Power Saving mode settings then toggle OFF “Restrict Background Data”
  3. Go to Settings Battery the hit “Details” under the app power saving mode then select your music app and press on it to select DISABLED

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userdbqkex9Yem
Constellation

I am experiencing the same exact problem and have attempted erasing system catch reseting setting nothing works really annoying please help somebody,I have called Samsung numerous timess and nobody apparently knows how to solve this issue 

@SamsungViv wrote:

Let's try a few steps that might help.

1. Certain firmware-oriented troubleshooting procedures also solve the issue, so if necessary, do not hesitate to wipe the system cache directory. Instructions are here
  2. Try going to the Power Saving mode settings then toggle OFF “Restrict Background Data”
  3. Go to Settings Battery the hit “Details” under the app power saving mode then select your music app and press on it to select DISABLED

userRLTe0IQela
Astronaut

I'm having the same problem and still have issues after doing these suggested steps.
Peppf23
Asteroid

Hi, I am having the same problem, but it seems to be limited to the videos that open on facebook.

I search everywhere for a solution but still haven't found one.

All the suggestions proposed haven't worked.

Looking around it seems that it is not a problem with every phone, but there are many customers with the same issue.

I think that everybody would love a solution or an ETA to a solution, or at least to know that Samsung is actually working toward the solution, because paying $700 for a phone that can't reproduce video it is a bit too much to ask.

Honored Contributor

Just checking in with an idea.

Can someone go check and see if they have Gestures on? Try turning that off and lets see if it helps.  Smiley Happy

Peppf23
Asteroid

I tried anything that was suggested in every forum I read. Turned off and on every single setting that might have some sort of influence on the video reproduction.

No solution.

I cannot be sure about this, but it might be a software problem more than a setting problem, but I am not excluding a combination of settings instead a single setting

user475UIbZuPz
Astronaut

having the same issue as well. someone please help!