Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s8 keeps pausing media

@Michelle20; thank you for sharing! 

usergURUng5dIS
Astronaut

My phone for the last 3 weeks has been doing the same volume and pause behavior. I was using the Music app that was on my phone when I 1st bought it in March 2018, and using the yt2mp3 website to get audio from YouTube videos in order to build playlists to practice my dancing without needing to use up data when away or driving. But i think somewhere along the line, the site gave me a virus through one pf the downloads or a wrong tap made when trying to avoid the pop ups. 

So I used the Clean Sweep app and cleared caches and junk files repeatedly, to no avail with this volume and pausing issue.

Today, I decided to scan for viruses and it found just 1. It said it was in an app called "Phone" and the icon was a blue square with a white phone symbol in it. I was hesitant to select "Uninstall this app" because I thought I would lose phone call function. But I took a chance, and uninstalled it through Clean Sweep app. 

Currently have been playing Amazon music for over 40 minutes with absolutely no problems. Previously, I could only get through one to three songs max, and all youtube videos would pause.

However, now, my music app is gone! The phone app is fine. Lol No music exists in my phone though! Lost it all.  Thank God I screenshot (screenshat?) my music list the other day. I'll create YouTube playlists for the interim since all the music came from there anyway. 

Moral of the story is, BEFORE YOU FACTORY RESET, let Clean Sweep or something find the problem. It is possibly a virus. 

Terra Nova Rain
Constellation

Are  you using "go keyboard " pro 2018 I i have a galaxy s8 same  issue switched to my Samsung keyboard now its good hope this helps 

userVz2SC0Yiee
Constellation

Same problem. I'm on my second phone trying to see if it was an isolated incident. I'm about to buy apple products

@userVz2SC0Yiee May I ask which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? 

userJF9q11TKeI
Astronaut

I had this issue a year ago, it fixed itself, now after the last update it's worse than ever. 

userOE5ye5ZDtd
Constellation

I started having this issue about 2-3 months ago and it's getting worse. I cannot record videos past few seconds, watch media on any app such as Facebook, YouTube and my camera cuts out. I cannot record videos past .26 secs. This is not functional. Also my phone minimizes my Google Map automatically so if I am driving I have to keep resizing the screen, my YouTube minimizes as well. This needs a fix!!! 

user0bE2JrUJIf
Constellation

Same here thinking about switching to apple 

userctq38MZL9F
Constellation

Same here  Galaxy s9+ 

I go to record my kids' activities and a video of 5 minutes stops recording at least 3 times. YouTube pauses, Amazon music, even a couple of games pause automatically. 

userf3xsaFXkd5
Asteroid

Same here.. brand new S8 bought at black Friday and while texting the keyboard disappears and comes back, some videos get paused without touching anything, in a game the home button bar appears and disappears without touching anything, Google maps get minimized randomly...

I tried to remove the phone from its case, put it on the counter top and without anything touching it, it would still act out!

I also tried to reset the keyboard settings and changing the language from English Canada to English US as suggested in other posts but no go.

And just now I removed bxActions (bixby button remap) to see if this will change anything.

I always had iPhones and this is my first "affair" with an Android but I guess cheating is just as bad when it comes to phones! lol