Asteroid

Re: Galaxy s8 lock screen not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ahh this helped.  Thanks so much!!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem! Glad it helped out.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

AmandaJP9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got mine from the repair shop and I had the same problem, it would not lock.

Followed these instructions and it has worked. Thank you

Amanda

userfDweyJW0Rx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue however the wipe cache partition did not work for me.  I had no issues with the lock screen until this pi update.

userScA91s7s1S
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Lock Pattern worked FINE until I setup a FINGERPRINT.  It wouldn't even DRAW A PROPER LINE and UNMATCHED (same pattern had for 4+ years - used many times during Restore/Installing Updates for 6hrs).  After updates, SAMSUNG ask to SYNC the phone back it hit me up to setup BIO, so I chose FINGERPRINT...that worked but then LOCK PATTERN CORRUPTED.  So I just did what instructed above and NOW THE FINGERPRINT NO LONGER WORKS AND IT IS STILL ASKING FOR A LOCK PATTERN! SO NOW I AM LOCKED OUT!  Why can't SAMSUNG SUPPORT GET ON THE PHONE AND ZAP GESTURE.KEY FOR ME - why should I have to turn into ADB programmer to try and hack this stupid CORRUPTED FILE!  Chatted and Called...btw REMOTE UNLOCK only accepts UNLOCK PATTERN IN SETTINGS TO TURN IT ON!  Wow - Samsung really knows how to program themselves OUT OF A CUSTOMER!

userS0r1hg82pu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to try this by my screen is completely green and orange and I can't see what I am going to highlight. What can I do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userS0r1hg82pu Have you tried pressing the power button and volume down at the same time to simulate a battery pull?

Highlighted
usercbu7nNh6On
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does happen to me. It doesn't require my PIN or fingerprint until my phone has been idle for some time, not sure how long because I haven't actually timed it .