cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you are 100% right i called att , they sent another phone out, said i will pay for this phone that i bought 14 days ago and the one they are sending if they see water, they have no clue on what they are taking about . there is no water , i live by the beach , humid all day long. So i called samsung they said take out the new update ! Samsung knows the problem. if you call them , give them the numbers on your phone they put it into there data base on having this problem, im sure a fix will be coming soon. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also been encountering this issue with my S8+ - I do use wireless charging at home but it renders Android Auto completely useless. Funny (or maybe not funny) thing is that my WiFi S3 tablet took a software update last night.  This morning, the tablet wouldn't charge because of "moisture in the USB port".

Neither of these devices have ever been anywhere near water.  Seeing the same thing on the tablet after the update confirms to me that this is software related.  I just wish Samsung would acknowledge and let us know that a fix is on the way.  It would save a LOT of useless time doing factory resets and sending devices in for warranty repairs.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So just went through the typical chat support experience with Har**bleep** from Samsung - here's the resolution:

However, as soon as there is a fix available through OTA(Over The Air) updates, you will start receiving it.
If you wish I can submit a feedback on your behalf.

Take it for what it's worth Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do i get to "Safe Mode" and will I always have to charge it that way?  

I turned it off, and back on, and each time I try to charge it, I get the message....

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same situation. Exact same solution! thanks!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 7 edge. It will charge in safe mode.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Switch off phone. Switch on phone, as soon as the word SAMSUNG starts to appear insert charger. Phone should now charge.......it WON'T get rid of the error message but at least the phone charges.

Works for me

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I worked for Verizon amd I sold a ton of s8s. I was a big advocate. My phone went through the washing machibe on HIT and DTILL WORKED GREAT. Then my dog pulled my leash hand and smashed my first s8+ and I got a new one through insurance. Now my brand new one after less than a month is giving me this moisture detection error and like others before me I can only charge it it after a restart that's if I'm lucky. Wtf Samsung. FIX THIS. IT IS AN 800 DOLLAR PHONE!!! I SOLD AT LEAST 50 OF THESE FOR YOU.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure you check the charging port after 10 minutes to see if it is getting too hot. Mine was so hot it burned my fingers and sent it for warranty. New one is now getting the message as well

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same S8 problem.  Phone not near water and no A/C.  But what works is to plug in charger when Samsung appears on boot-up.  Then no "moisture" problem.