cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userET0UM2KMXZ
Constellation

Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone has had no contact with anything wet. Had it on the wireless charger 3 days ago and woke up with that warning. Still will not let my charge my phone unless on the wireless charger. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uservdz0xJc5Cr
Constellation

SOLVED Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is what i did by a freak chance and it seems to be working in the mean time. 

1. plug in your s8 to the charger (you will be notified that there is moisture detected)

2. restart your s8 (make sure not to remove the charging cable)

3.  make sure it shows how long until full charge.

4. You have by successfully by passed the moisture error.

435 REPLIES 435
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userET0UM2KMXZ

So your phone wasn't near any rain or steam or... well condensation isn't as likely in the spring and summer.  Hmm, have you tried putting the device in a baggy with some rice? I hear that does tend to absorb any random moister that may have gotten into the phone. Kinda like little rice grains in a salt shaker!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWR65sBx0Jb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue

uservzGbDVWatg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also having same issue, but only with wall charger and car charger. When I plug it up to the computer doing the USB way and to my DeX station it works fine. Called Samsung support yesterday they had me reset phone. It worked fine for 12hrs then back to "moisture detected in USB port" .... no water or liquid contact what so ever. Girlfriends phone works fine with NO issues

userACKSyI2rU3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am too, and I've been having it since last weekend when I was in the rain in Maimi for 5 minutes. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

userfjmpEMWVRi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having same issue is it something samsung can deal with?  Sprint technician charges 75usd to check the phone and to fix it would cost more. 

usernNj5UNxpxW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
just try the below steps to clear the moisture problem 1) either use a laptop air cooler vent or hair dryer 2) if you are using laptop just play a heavy game and place your handset near the opening of the vent placing the charging ports facing opening. 3) if using hair dryer put it on low fan speed and high temperature 4) place your device for 15 min or lesser until the moisture detected message clears of. 5) now you will be able to charge your device on normal cable charging not fast charging. 6) restart your handset. viola , now you will be able to fast charge your handset. every thing goes normal after this step.
userXzFXHqhnfp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Use hairdryer for about 1 -2 mins (warm air)close to the charging port ,turn off your phone, plug in your charger then turn on  and should be done Smiley Happy.

Works for me Smiley Wink

userK8BsRkevjq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned my phone off and charged in that manner I haven't tried to charge it with it on since that is when the error message appeared. I didn't have this problem at first I have only had the phone since June 6

userKc9MCxdojQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm seeing the same.. for no reason at all. I restart the phone and it starts charging again.