cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue :/ Started a couple of days ago. No contact to water or anything.

However it will let me charge if the cable is plugged in while I restarted the phone. But if I unplug it and plug it in afterwards or just gives me the same message again :/ So for me restarting the phone while the cable is plugged in for charging works.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine allows me to charge while phone is turned off 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Plugged in tio charge last night and indicated it was fast charging. Got up this morning and went to home screen and message appeared. Moisture detected on USB port.

Phone hasn't been anywhere near water.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine was doing the same until I looked at the charging port, it had corrosion on it. Took some small and scraped it off and it works fine now. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly what happened to my son's. AT&T refused to help me with it; claiming it's my fault for not having insurance. The phone was bought on December. My son has been grounded and his phone in my room, charging in a drawer rarely used. I woke up at 4 am to the warning and the phone eventually died with no help. So frustrated right now. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You could use a wireless charger 

Highlighted
Pilot

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Only thing that works for me also, holding down power to turn phone on while plugged in. Even worse if it dies completely, takes me forever to get it to turn on even while charger plugged in. Never had phone anywhere near water, its been doing this for months!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung advertises it's "waterproof." If it was then there wouldn't be this issue. When I confronted the Samsung rep on the phone she in fact did balk at the fact that they are waterproof. Came up with several excuses which center down to one thing and these were her words "fresh waterproof only but even that is limited." Also admitted that there could be a software issue. Sounds like FALSE advertisement to me. My box says waterproof and dust proof and something about being able to be submerged for around 30 minutes. Does NOT say anything about "fresh water only." 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not waterproof. 5ft 30min

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung advertises it's "water resistant" ask anyone.  No such thing as "waterproof" even military grade submarines can't make to the bottom of our deepest oceans there for they are water resistant not waterproof.