cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an S8 and my wife an S7 and we both started seeing the msg a few weeks ago when there has been no contact or close to any high moisture/wet elements. A restart solved the issue but it keeps coming back :/

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked! thanks 

But this phone is stupid. 

I lost a very important day because of this phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Shame on Samsung. This model should be recalled and/or replaced. I can't believe we purchased a phone advertised as water resistant and all of the sudden it turns off it's charging port because a moisture that came up without even touching water that should have resisted in the first place. It's a joke, it's pathetic, it's frustrating and Samsung is not giving any explanations or solutions about it. It's like, Oh well, you just got stuck with our $600 phone and we don't care. And they pretended to compete with Apple. Please... 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I live in Alberta, Canada. We get very cold and dry winter. (-20 to -40 Celsius, snow is like powder).

I think the extreme cold cause the port to think that there is moisture even if there is not.

Sometime I plus my car charger and I know it is dry, and it say to unplug because moisture in port.

Is there a way to deactivate that sensor?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I live in Sweden and must use moisturizer for my skin due to the dry climate in wintertime. My Galaxy S8 hasn't been near water or snow and I have the same problem. As the phone is IP68, this is ridiculous! What will happen in the summer!?!? My wife has the same phone so I'm really worried and we payed 800EUR/each. My next phone will be an iPhone even if I hate the iOS. But they seem to solve any issues prior release of the model.

I’ve tried some of these fixes and the one that worked for me is: 1) Insert charge cable 2) Turn off phone 3) Start phone with charger inserted. Now it’s charging (for the last hour at least…) The true is that I also used a cloth with some acetone today and used a hair dryer after that, without immediate effect. However, this might be part of the reason that the fix helped. Good luck!

Regards David

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same thing