cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Truefate
Asteroid

Galaxy s8 plus using over 40gb of storage for system (not including user data)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I keep running into issues with low storage on my Galaxy S8 Plus. It seems no matter what I delete I'm constantly running out of room. I installed an SD card and moved the majority of my personal files to the SD card and I have deleted many apps but still I keep running out of space. I've checked the system and it says that over 50 GB of storage is being used and then when I subtract my apps and personal files it would lead me to believe that the Android system is using over 40 GB of storage space. This seems quite excessive is there something going on? Is there something I'm missing? How can an Android operating system require four times more storage space to run that a desktop operating system like Windows?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Truefate
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy s8 plus using over 40gb of storage for system (not including user data)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ended up downloading CC cleaner and it found 20 Gigabytes of unused apks and deleted them. I find it funny that a third party app can so easily fix the problem but Samsung's operating system can

19 REPLIES 19
Truefate
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy s8 plus using over 40gb of storage for system (not including user data)

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this message occur if the device is booted into safe mode? 

Truefate
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, if I try to go beyond the 8gb I have held in my storage it tell me storage is low in safe mode. In safe mode it still says my system is using over 40gb of space

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, have you tried clearing your cache?

Truefate
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clearing the cache didnt help

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend making sure all of your data is backed up and doing a factory reset.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

do you have anything in the secure folder? whatever is in the secure folder doesn't show on that screenshot and secure folder is using up the internal storage space.

Truefate
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 1 picture In the secure folder that i used to see how it worked when i got the phone, nothing else

Truefate
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ended up downloading CC cleaner and it found 20 Gigabytes of unused apks and deleted them. I find it funny that a third party app can so easily fix the problem but Samsung's operating system can