cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxmIh99A55K
Constellation

Galaxy s8 security pin not working

When i try and log In to my phone with my pin it will accept the pin then take me to a black screen where I have to press the home button to get back onto the lock screen and try again (it never let's me in my phone with the pin) so I have to use my biometrics which is all well and good until my phone powers off and the only way to unlock it is via the pin. I also tried to go into settings to fix it but when asked for the pin in settings i type it in it again accepts it then i either get taking to a white screen with "lock screen" at top left and then I have to go to the home page as I can't do anything or I will get a message saying samsung settings isnt working "close app". Help please?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s8 security pin not working

Have you tried signing on in safe mode and changing your pin?

1. Turn off the device
2. Now switch your phone back on. Immediately you see the Samsung logo appear on your screen, press and hold the Volume Down key until the phone boots completely to the home screen.
3. You should now see a watermark caption "Safe Mode" at the bottom left corner of your phone screen. This will now disable all 3rd party apps.

userm9yMtOMc21
Astronaut

hi i have same problek it ask me for pin but my pin do not work. i cant switch off phone as it says it need pin. and why my usual pin do not work? im very much worried!

Honored Contributor

@userm9yMtOMc21 wrote:

hi i have same problek it ask me for pin but my pin do not work. i cant switch off phone as it says it need pin. and why my usual pin do not work? im very much worried!

@userm9yMtOMc21 

Try to use find my mobile website and see if it will allow you to change the pin:

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/