cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What's the difference between a factory reset from recovery mode vs settings?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Comet

It is almost same from settings you can select either to...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is almost same from settings you can select either to reset only Network settings(wifi, bluetooth) or do factory reset. But from recovery mode you usually only have hard reset or factory reset. Usually recovery mode is used when people forget pin or password and can't go to settings then they can factory reset from recovery mode. So both do almost the same thing.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Comet

It is almost same from settings you can select either to...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is almost same from settings you can select either to reset only Network settings(wifi, bluetooth) or do factory reset. But from recovery mode you usually only have hard reset or factory reset. Usually recovery mode is used when people forget pin or password and can't go to settings then they can factory reset from recovery mode. So both do almost the same thing.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.